Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY ute s2. HSV MOCK UP

cuz32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
loving the ride mate, very clean look, great mods so far to date!!

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
hey mate ute looks good.

couple of questions, why did you leave the green lcd screens in the car when greg did his stuff? the poo green colour is why most people want to get rid of it lol.
also are you having any worries with scratches or flaking of the white paint you used for dash? and is the cluster surround genuine or did you paint that too.

wheels are a must i think haha, sound system looks like it would blow your head off in that small cabin lol.
cheers

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
I kept the green as I'm trying to keep it looking as genuine as possible to HSV and improving on it. I always liked blue, but hyundai all have blue dashes now.
I was going to go with white LCD's but I didn't want to wash it out with white.

Sound system is mind blowing literally. the cluster surround is painted, no flaking of paint or scratches on the console surround. I put that down to good prep work and great quality paint.

As for the wheels, i like my wheels, I'd prefer 19's but I'm struggling to find anything else I like, and the genuine pentagon HSV mags are $2500 and there is no way I'm buying mock up mags after the recent stories.
Would love to see recommendations but!

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah i see, i always thought the blue and white looked crazy at night so thats why i got rid of my greeen everything haha.

yeah i had a bad time with my old car and painting dash, did the first few ok then got lazy and cut corners and hence it flaked off everywhere lol. thats why i promised never to touch paint on my interior, even though i know how to prep it properly now, i know once i start id never stop until everything was painted lol.

yeah wheels are a hard one, they either kill it or ook ****, and its a big price to pay to find out it went the wrong way lol, at least for the moment it looks good while you decide and save (me too). if you were rolling on stockies it would be a different story

BT91WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Ive been watching this build for a while now mate and its looking top notch well done! Big fan of ur lighting colour way

Chaos1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr v6 commodore
I like the dash and console sweet...

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
Loving it, Really coming along!! Way much $$ spent for a daily :p

And I have 235/45/R17 "Triangles" on my car... feel the same way, what a heap of ******!
I'm leaving them on until I get the 19's, no point buying another set for the 17's at this stage.
They've started to 'heel-toe' already (10,000kms) and are noisy as a mofo. Sound like 4wd balloon tyres!!1

Trent Nichols

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ute
hey mate what sort of paint did you use for the interior?
did you do it yourself?

D54

THE hotHOUSE ALWAYS WINS!
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY S & MY12.5 SSV Z-series
Whats up with the wheels? monaro replicas are common but these look like replica-replica's :p

Love the car, white is my fav colur on cars and even though I got my 2nd fav colour (hothouse green) I still wish I had a car I could apply the White w/black look to. Nice work dude.