Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My V8 exec

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
She's had a hard life. Plenty of work head of you.

HughesyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Ute
It sat in the North Queensland sun for a year. Runs nice now, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, new spark plugs, fresh oil and filter.
Getting tint done today and finishing bog and spray job

HughesyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Ute
New tint is in. Only the TH35 but I it looks nice.

Decide to copy someone else off of here and smooth out the arse a bit while i was at it. She is bogged and sanded for a (rough as guts to get through roadworthy) paint job

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Keen to see how it turns out.

Be careful with those body lines/gaps that you've filled - heaps of people have done it, but it seems pretty common that the filler cracks soon after it's been painted. I assume its because the body flexes most at those points when cornering and when the metal heats up and expands etc.

Looks like a great project, the best thing you'll notice is how cheap second hand parts are for these. First off, i'd find an original air filter and some engine covers for it and paint the bananas :p

HughesyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Ute
I've got engine covers. Waiting to use my bosses little bead blaster and then going with the "very cliché" red. Was gonna leave the bananas as they are because (eventually) I'll replace the manifold. About to spray primer on and then back into the sanding.
As for the air filter I've got the airbox but not the intake hose. Also I've got a 'super6' OTR CAI but don't have the lower air box to suit. Also can't afford to splurge on K&N filter yet so will just wait till I can do the lot. Looking forward to seeing what/if any gains I can feel as I add things to it.
Saving for extractors next. Still not 100% sure if I want to go the single or twin cat but definitely just going to run single 3" exhaust as I've been told it will give a deeper (more V8ier) sound.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good luck with it will be watching progress.

HughesyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Ute
So got the paint on today. Not bad for a rattle can job. Not looking forward to looking at it in the morning in natural light, but it should get through the roadworthy inspection now

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How many cans did you use and how long did it take ?

HughesyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Ute
6 tins Australian Export Grey Primer -2 coats
6 tins Australian Export Gloss Black - 2 coats
3 tins Australian Export Clear - 1 coat
I ran out of light for another coat of clear so will rub it back with 1200/1500 and recoat the clear at a later date.
Thinking about doing the paint properly down the road in euther Perfect Blue or Tourismo Blue.

HughesyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Ute
I stuffed up the bonnet and roof with the ckear as I couldn't see where I had or had not painted and have left lines all through it as you can see on the bonnet in the 4th pic