Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new ride :)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Thanks.

Already installed 3 of the Calais door trims today. They are mostly good but the drivers door insert has some scuff marks. Think I might change them over to the Statesman ones I have as they are in better condition, think they are the same colour too.

At the moment the door courtesy lights aren't hooked up but I have a set of Stato doors which I will take the wiring from to make it work in the future.

Also finished installing the chrome window/door trim strips, changed the centre console lid to a better condition leather one, changed the lock in the Calais glovebox and installed it, the Calais drivers fuse cover lid, and the rest of the suede bits.

It is completely changing the look of the car and makes it feel much more luxurious on the inside, and also more comfortable.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Started to pull the spark plug leads off the other day for some maintenance and broke one, so bought a new set and engine is running a lot smoother now. Didn't realise that it had deteriorated so badly, I guess original spark plug leads will do that. lol.

And I have now sold my Soarer so I have a little bit of cash to play with. No much, but a bit.

So I think I have decided to bite the bullet and get the manual conversion done.
Will be done by my mechanic as I can't be bothered to even try and attempt it and can't have the car off the road for too long. Hopefully I can get it done next week.

Also going to get the rear main seal done at the same time, as well as a replacement tailshaft as mine has quite a huge tear in it, some cheapy R8 Extractors with opened up cats (and new 2.5 inch pipe to replace squished factory piping) fitted and a new rear resonator of some kind to make it sound a little more V8y.

And I know about the extractors so no need talking about them. ;) I don't have the cash for what I really wanted, and figured if it makes an improvement in the sound and slightly better flow then it's worthwhile since I am getting everything else sorted at the same time. And my mechanic is very good to me so might only cost about a slabs worth extra.

Now all I have to do beforehand is get the pedals/reservoir fitted and sort out the neutral safety switch so I can drive it back home. All rest of wiring will be done after I have it back again.

Anyone know an easy way to bridge the neutral safety switch? Can we do it from inside the car or does it need to be in the gearbox side? easy and dodgy is cool for now, just so I can easily get it back home.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Inhibitor switch ??? there are 2 purple wires that go into the inhibitor next to each other. get some wire, and plug them into the inhibitor..

Or for safety, so it doesnt fall out, go to jaycar and get a couple of male terminals, crimp onto said wire and plug into the female of the inhibitor.. <-- that way it can just stay there..

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers, will check that out soon.

Saw my mechanic today to book it all in for next monday so realised that I should probably get the pedals in soon.
I figured this afternoon was a good enough time to start. So after removing the covers under the drivers side of the dash I realised that not only did the LPG Installer mount the LPG ECU where the clutch pedal would go, but also route all the cabling through the clutch hole in the firewall.

The only option I had was to unplug all the cabling and remove it from inside the car. While I was at it I, decided to tidy it up a bit, and also found a perfect spot to reinstall the ECU above the glovebox.
So that took a bit longer then I thought, but the LPG is all installed and working again, and the clutch, reservoir and brake pedal is in.

Next is to sort out the inhibitor switch (neutral safety switch) then it's my mechanics problem to fit the rest.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Today I removed the centre console and shifter assembly to make it easier on my mechanic.

Also crawled under the car, and sorted out the inhibitor switch.
All I did was cut and join the grey and grey/blue wire and all good. Easy done :)

That's all I have to do now, so just got to load up the back of the car with it's new parts and drop it off on Monday morning.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pics.
Auto with 3 pedals??

Just to double check the tailshaft fitted.

All ready to get installed.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got a call from my mechanic, there is a slight hiccup. I was missing the T56 Crossmember.
So luckily enough I called a local self serve wreckers who had just pulled one out and I scored it for $20 :)

I delivered it to my mechanic so its now able to be mounted up.
Also the tailshaft I bought isn't right, it must have been for the series 1 VX, so bit annoyed about that, but my original auto one should work with it. I just need to get it repaired at some stage now.

Otherwise it all seems to be going smooth.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Another hiccup, and a little bigger this time.

Was all going well until they tried to bleed the clutch system, and turns out that the master cylinder is leaking, and I mean really leaking!
A new one is going to cost over $300, so I am trying to see what I can find second hand. I didn't really budget an additional $300 for this, I mean I have it, just didn't want to spend it just yet.

Anyone know if the VX VY VZ all use them same master cylinder? And is there a difference between the LS1 version and the V6 one? Ebay is starting to confuse me.

Last edited:

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
when you hook 2nd by yourself .. it will be 3hundy well spent..