Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Senator 215i

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah bracket is slightly different easily fixed with some washers to space it up.

Fuel dampener needs to be moved or bent out of way.

Yeah dont bother paying stupid prices people want.Just wait eventually some will turn up.

Have had a set on all my efi 5l cars vt,vk & lc torrie(avatar pic) although they do look better with thermofan

Last edited:

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
IMG_2172_1.jpg

Adelaidetradie86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series 2
Car looks tough mate. Not a massive fan of bonnet scoops but still a really cool car. You got plans to get the roof painted?

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
Haha the roof is painted- Its just the reflection of the sky- you can see that my spoiler looks the same.. plus it has a sunroof which might add to the unpainted look?
IMG_2176_1.jpg

Also with the scoop- Ive cut a hole in the bonnet and meshed it for heat release.. Im not a fan of exposed vents letting in the weather- so the scoop is more than just looks.. plus its a VE HDT one, so Im not complaining too much.

Cheers for the compliment!

Last edited by a moderator:

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
So Ive got me a VT 304 Alloy engine cover set and managed to even track down the throttle cable bracket as I heard thats needed to mount the front cover..

Next is to get it sandblasted.. I will prime and paint it at home.. fingers crossed I dont f@*K it up as it cost me a pretty penny..
IMG_26191.jpg

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
So Ive got me a VT 304 Alloy engine cover set and managed to even track down the throttle cable bracket as I heard thats needed to mount the front cover..

Next is to get it sandblasted.. I wil prime and paint it at home.. fingers crossed I dont f@*K it up as it cost me a pretty penny..
Dont paint it, polish it and plate metal parts :)

Attachments

• IMAG0091.jpg
    IMAG0091.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 261

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
I thought about polishing it BUT.. the problem I have with my polished overflow tank, strut bar etc - everytime I touch it or it gets dirty or wet (water stained), it looks like shite! I dont think I have the patience to maintain the lustre of such a big piece on display..

Also Im gonna bog over the holden logo and put a HSV badge there instead like I did to my original cover.

hstlvc

Hostile
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
HSV SENATOR 215i
Well my covers mustve been cast by a blind person at the foundry - full of pits, extra alloy that shouldve been removed and sharp edges.. After some time with the grinder, Ive managed to clean up all the edges and cut back the sides for a custom fit.

As you can see, Ive bogged over the words and Holden symbol 3 times- will leave it for a few days before I sand back the 3rd coat to allow for shrinkage..
Then back to get primed again before paint..
progress.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Have you decided on a colour ?