Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I saw one exactly like @HSV-Pauls' on facebook yesterday, except it had wheels.

I'm not sure if you can pump it up when it's under the car?
Local garage sometimes uses one so it must be doable with some of them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
With a hoist or on stands?
Stands is what I seen him use it with. No use using a bike lift with a hoist that's just making the job harder than it needs to be.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Having a gearbox just sitting on a trolley jack with nothing else holding it on the jack is inviting it to fall off
Nah not the case. I made this...

Screenshot_20240502_201207_Gallery.jpg

And then secured a big piece of timber on top...

Screenshot_20240502_201352_Gallery.jpg

But cut it down as thought the size was contributing to the wabble...

Screenshot_20240502_201242_Gallery.jpg

Also put a ratchet strap round it but that's 8mm bolts and they bent and 2 snapped in the end lol.

Next go I foresee a breeze compared as I'll just use my dolly. When I put it back last time I lined it up well and just pushed it up to the 2 lugs and bolted away. Just couldn't get there today and when I did one bolt in and things just didn't seem right. Hindsight again but maybe the TM wasn't square like it would've been on the dolly.

Next go!!

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Oh yeah forgot about this...

Screenshot_20240502_202353_Gallery.jpg

Been like that for prob a year. Never see it so had forgot lol

• Sad
Reactions: Lex

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
THIS CLOSE!!!!.... THIS CLOSE to rolling the car down the hill and burning it at the bottom...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!.... why DO I do this to myself...

All day. All day trying to get the TM back on... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Input shalf seal less than 5 mins. Pop out the circlip, pop out old seal, new one slipped straight in, circlip back and done dusted. Main seal plate piece of piss too. New flex plate on and new bolts in.

Man I did EVERYTHING to get the bastard thing on. With hindsight I should've ditched the jack and did like last time and just get the bastard in place and lower or raise the car to align it. No I wanted the jack to work so I'd get the TM under the car and as soon as I tried to lift it the bastard would fall off the jack, or the piece of wood it was sitting on. After all day I finally got it all lined up and got 1 bolt in the bottom. Went to other side and the bastard flex plate was against the bell housing. At first I thought I'd been sent the wrong plate, but I dunno I *think* I might've put the flex plate on back to front but have thrown the towel on the car till the weekend now. REAL demoralising spending all day on sommit to get nowhere by the end of the day. First thought the flex plate wasn't the right one but compared with the only pic I have of the old one in situ I dunno if right, wrong, on the right way, or on the piss.

So yeah. All good here I think...

View attachment 267517

And this is the new FP...

View attachment 267518

And only pic I have of the old one. The old one had a cross on it I put to show which way it went on. Threw it in the bin which got collected yesterday... :rolleyes:

View attachment 267519

Kinda looks the same but I dunno any more.

Vodka and pot for me now. Really wanted the get at least the TM in today but no it's back sitting on the floor in the garage... :confused:

Yes you have put the new flex plate on back to front.

You will need to remove it and flip it around so the ring gear welds are facing the engine like the old flex plate is.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Yes you have put the new flex plate on back to front.

You will need to remove it and flip it around so the ring gear welds are facing the engine like the old flex plate is.
Thanks heaps. Just got the TM back onto dolly as was gonna go line it up.

Screenshot_20240503_100348_Gallery.jpg

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
So swapped it around and now touches engine casing.

Before...

Screenshot_20240503_102906_Gallery.jpg

And swapped...

Screenshot_20240503_102923_Gallery.jpg

It's either now the wrong way or the wrong plate. Can I find the answer to whether the LS all use the same. No. I thought finding answers to Hyosung questions was hard but no easier with GM...

Anyway gonna go back to the other way and see if it lines up...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
So swapped it around and now touches engine casing.

Before...

View attachment 267543

And swapped...

View attachment 267544

It's either now the wrong way or the wrong plate. Can I find the answer to whether the LS all use the same. No. I thought finding answers to Hyosung questions was hard but no easier with GM...

Anyway gonna go back to the other way and see if it lines up...

And the lesson is… don’t throw out any used or old parts until the job is completely finished, everything is back together, and it is all verified as working. I learnt that one the hard way too! :)

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
And the lesson is… don’t throw out any used or old parts until the job is completely finished, everything is back together, and it is all verified as working. I learnt that one the hard way too! :)
Amen to that!

Current state of play...

Screenshot_20240503_124930_Gallery.jpg