Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Golden Oldy

R

racerphill

Nice old Commodore - as I've already stated in these forums, I prefer the early girl cars.
Good to see the oldies getting done up.
Also, good to see you are ditching the old Stafire four. They should have never been put in the Commodore - one of Holden's BIG mistakes.
The good old Holden six can be made to go hard farly easliy and cheaply to, and LPG is also a good thing, as long as you get a good system. I would recommend a LPG-dedicated system. Can't run petrol anymore, but why would you want to? I had a VH wagon with a blue 202 a few years back. Fitted with a single Gas Research LPG carby, it was a great car. Pretty stock, but I've used the same Gas Research systems on both a 308 and a 350Chev, so they can handle horsepower.
Lpg is a great fuel. Not only relatively cheap, but also higher octane than any other fuel you'll buy at a servo, and safer than petrol too. I must stress though - if you want to take advantage of LPG, you MUST get a good system. Most duel-fuel systems are pretty crap because they are trying to deal with two totally different types of fuel, ie. Liquid and gas.
Phill