Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mitch's Vs Caprice

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
lol i just bought a boat so i havnt really been interested in doing anything to the car , im tossing up wether to sell it or not and geta 4x4 but atm the car pulls it out fine especially with the bags they help a ####load , so when i make my mind up there will either be a caprice for sale and a s/c kit or a caprice withe a supercharger on it and venetians with a series 3 front lip, how well can you see out of venetians ? just interested as i dont want to make reversing the boat harder ? also do you know anywhere in newy that does intercooler piping? if i put the kit on i want to get a 450x300x76 cooler so it dont stick out the bottom of the front bar which will need new piping or adjustments to my old stuff.

cheers

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
keep the caprice man and boost it. and venetians are easy to see out, you just loose a little rear window vision.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Any performance shop can do piping but it could be pricey. If you alread have pipes they can modify them which will be cheaper.... Yeh venetians are easy to see out of... Kinda makes it appear that everything smokey when looking out the rear window... but yehhh you can still see everything

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
VR-VS STATESMAN AUTO SHADE / VENETIAN BLINDS (eBay item 230571842785 end time 19-Jan-11 10:31:05 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

do these look right?

the only problem i face with keeping the car is not being able to tow the boat out of dodgy boatramps with the amount of camber its got and also the single pegger diff so i think i mite wack an lsd with something like 3.9's or 7's in it and see if it makes it easier to pull it out of boatramps also i want to down the boost about 3-5psi and need a tune adjustment... owch

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
if you still have the orginal box speakers on the parcel shelf, that venetian wont clear. there are venetians with the sides cut to suit.