Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG fuel consumption

johnnyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF V6 Falcon
I've converted my VR to gas over six month ago (mixer system). My gas tank has a usable capacity of about 50 litres. Doing mostly city driving I got around 280km out of a tank (until it was completely empty). Mostly highway driving I got between 400-450km. I did find my gas gauge wasn't always accurate. When it got to the last (red) bar, I could travel upto around 80km before I was out of gas. I think the best way to measure economy is to fill it up until it's full, reset your odometer and drive it until it's empty (assuming it's dual fuel and you have petrol). Don't use your trip computer.

As others have mentioned, also important to change your spark plugs (and check gap) and keep your air filter clean. I also have flash lube set up which is (supposed) to help with valve seat recession. Even though, I prefer to warm the car up on petrol first (lubricates the valves). One reason I do this is that there's a high probability, at some point or another, the car will run lean (due to the nature of gas flow in mixer systems).

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
3 How do you turn on/off the interior light?:confused:

Use the dimmer switch for your dash light push it all the way up the let it go and that turn it ON or OFF depending if it's ON or OFF!!!

robkeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux LN110R with Vx ecotec using VP11 electrics
hi,
was getting 18l/100 on lpg (VP V6 in lux 4x4) but recently consumption has steadily increased to as much as 27l/100 with the same driving area and speeds etc (mostly around town on work sites) could it be a faulty regulator? have already changed mixers and diaphrams including fitting closed and open loop systems Impco 225 mixer, commander controller mod L reg (only item not changed!) all lines checked for leaks etc unit runs very well no backfires etc

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
hi,
was getting 18l/100 on lpg (VP V6 in lux 4x4) but recently consumption has steadily increased to as much as 27l/100 with the same driving area and speeds etc (mostly around town on work sites) could it be a faulty regulator? have already changed mixers and diaphrams including fitting closed and open loop systems Impco 225 mixer, commander controller mod L reg (only item not changed!) all lines checked for leaks etc unit runs very well no backfires etc

possible faulty o2 sensor.
The mixer control solenoid between the converter and mixer, is this working (making noise/clicking, not making any noise?), these are a common failure point with age, a tuner can easily pick this up as the AFR won't change correctly while tuning.

with all the parts changed when was the last time it had a proper LPG tune?
Along with the diaphragms did you renew the cut off seals in the converter? if these aren't sealing it'll use more lpg aswell.