Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low-profile car ramp choices for VF

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V6 MY17, VX Calais V6 2000
Hi everyone :)

I'm looking at purchasing a set of low profile car ramps to do the servicing on my VF Calais and my father's VF SV6. I saw these ramps listed on Repco wesbite.

A5516637.jpg

https://www.repco.com.au/en/tools-e...-1400kg-made-in-australia-crtp1400/p/A5516637

Just wondering if anyone else has used these on a VF without any clearance issues.

Know there are cheaper plastic ones available but these are steel and made in Australia. If we don't support local manufacture we'll lose it like we did with Holden.

Cheers ;)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you take the Calais with you to buy them, they'll most likely let you do a quick check/test; the bump-stop thing to stop you driving over the end of them isn't too high, it's just the ramp against the bottom of the bumper that you'd be maybe worried about.

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V6 MY17, VX Calais V6 2000
If you take the Calais with you to buy them, they'll most likely let you do a quick check/test; the bump-stop thing to stop you driving over the end of them isn't too high, it's just the ramp against the bottom of the bumper that you'd be maybe worried about.
Thanks Forg,

The only issue is that they need to be ordered in and once they're in, I have to purchase them. I called Stanfred and they couldn't advise whether they would work or not. I may have to take a gamble. They're designed for lowered vehicles and neither of our cars are lowered.

I'll try some other suppliers and see if anyone has them in stock so I can do a check as you suggested.

Cheers ;)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm ... if they have the dimensions, you might be able to dummy something up with a plank of wood & a brick or two?
If it's not close to touching you have no worries ... if it is close, then do the find-someone-with-stock-and-test thing?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hi everyone :)

I'm looking at purchasing a set of low profile car ramps to do the servicing on my VF Calais and my father's VF SV6. I saw these ramps listed on Repco wesbite.

View attachment 231948
https://www.repco.com.au/en/tools-e...-1400kg-made-in-australia-crtp1400/p/A5516637

Just wondering if anyone else has used these on a VF without any clearance issues.

Know there are cheaper plastic ones available but these are steel and made in Australia. If we don't support local manufacture we'll lose it like we did with Holden.

Cheers ;)

These are only 220mm wide with max tyre width of 225mm.

What width tyres are you running on your cars ?

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Height from ground is 285mm.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I reckon OP may find he needs super low plastic ramps. I'm probably going to order a set later this week. My VE is lowered but not stupidly low and I'd have no hope with those steel ramps from Ripco. Stock height VF might be different enough to not hit?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
i need something like this i bought home some stocko super cheap ones and can't drive the Redline up them, i mean come on Redline isn't even low!
Except your Redline has (at least) 245mm wide tyres at the front.
So do what I do - install a hoist!
Except it's only a standard garage & I installed it as asymmetrical, the end-result being that I can't swing the arms past the front wheels in order to get to the VF's jacking-points - the tyres get in the way!!

*rageface.jpg*