Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Weather was poor this morning so I drove BT. Tomorrow plan is to take the Sprint. Although, the way the daylight hours are and the cold mornings it's becoming a bit of a struggle ATM. Comfort of a car is very enticing at 7.30am and at 5pm.

Tonight I left work at 5.00 and I was in the dark for at least 15mins of my 30min trip home. Don't love riding the bike in the dark, can't see the road well enough on low beam to know if there is a greasy patch up ahead and it's hard to see wildlife. So far only had one wallaby jump out but with it getting dark by the time I leave work in the next few weeks, I might struggle with motivation to ride, even with all my new riding gear.

I've ridden motorcycles since I was was 18 , now 62 and yeah ( sometimes wonder how I survived ), but even in my early 20s , bike was my only transport for some time, ( got pretty over it = day in day out = lots of site wet/cold weather ).

It's fantastic to have choices ,which you have.

I remember getting pulled over in the 90s at about 2 am on my way to work = ( overtime/winter /bloody cold /and sleep deprived ) , I recon the copper thought I was nuts = ( look up info = owns a 4 wheeled vehicle as well ).
As even back then the traffic beating/lane splitting in the arvo sooo made up for it/well and the enjoyment of being on 2 wheels.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah been riding on the road since I was 19, now nearly 53. Back then no such thing as heated gloves. Warm textile jackets weren't a thing and nothing beat leather. Now I can ride in "relative" comfort and yeah don't have to ride in rain anymore unless by choice.

Don't push the Sprint as its a big heavy bike and I'm not sure on what the limits are. It is good being able to lane filter when in heavy traffic, but even that is often not needed in Launceston as lights change pretty quick, so unless long queue don't often bother sneaking up the front.

This Friday it goes in for the safety inspection and no doubt a list of what needs doing as bike only has a history of minor services and now at 54k. Been given an estimate on cost, but hoping there might be some funds left in what I have budgeted this week to say "yeah mate, if you have time can you grease the rear hub", or stuff like that. I reckon it's due for plugs and an air filter but not enough in the budget this week for a filter as close to $90, and at least $27 for plugs. Probably do those myself when I find plugs and filter on special.

Autobarn sell the plugs and Spares Box carry the filter. Probably price up parts at bike shop as they seem to be close to or cheaper than what I can buy online.