Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have seen them on bikes, mounted to the handle bars, but never taken a lot of notice the actual positioning, other than they appear to be on the right hand side, inbetwen the grip and the bend of the handle bar....

So perhaps take a measurement in that area I have mentioned and compare it with your ebay watched one....

And unfortunately I don't know anyone with one fitted to their bike to help out

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pretty sure the MC will foul on the right. The issue I have is I don't know the width of the clamping bracket. I don't reckon I have 10mm even with sliding the grip back and pushing the controls to the grip as far as I can. I don't have the measurements of the holder and because these eBay seller are in China they really don't know anymore than what's in the listing description already.

I looked online at Autobarn at suction ones but not sure how secure they would be on a bike.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
A friend of mine got fined $1,000 plus I think it was 6 demerit points for having his phone open on his lap. I wonder if the same would apply to a motor bike?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A friend of mine got fined $1,000 plus I think it was 6 demerit points for having his phone open on his lap. I wonder if the same would apply to a motor bike?
It has to be in a holder then its ok, unless you're a P plater or learner.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Pretty confident in saying, having it fixed to the bike's handle bars isn't actually holding the phone, where as, the phone incident with your friend, it was classed as holding it.

I have also seen phones held in situ on the handle bars of bikes when I have been driving round....I mainly see them on touring bikes, rather than sport style ones... :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah, the only reason I really need to even mount my phone is so I don't have to keep pulling over and check Maps to make sure I'm on the right path while buying goods off Marketplace.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Weather was poor this morning so I drove BT. Tomorrow plan is to take the Sprint. Although, the way the daylight hours are and the cold mornings it's becoming a bit of a struggle ATM. Comfort of a car is very enticing at 7.30am and at 5pm.

Tonight I left work at 5.00 and I was in the dark for at least 15mins of my 30min trip home. Don't love riding the bike in the dark, can't see the road well enough on low beam to know if there is a greasy patch up ahead and it's hard to see wildlife. So far only had one wallaby jump out but with it getting dark by the time I leave work in the next few weeks, I might struggle with motivation to ride, even with all my new riding gear.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yeah, the only reason I really need to even mount my phone is so I don't have to keep pulling over and check Maps to make sure I'm on the right path while buying goods off Marketplace.
Losh, I think you ought to re-assess your priorities:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahahaha, I have a few things we need that will make life easier in my watchlist. Been waiting to see if we're in the area before grabbing them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Response above. Although I'm not sure what you meant by it? Whereas it would seem others do?