Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for Braided Radiator Hose 3.8l

Representative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Hello,

I am looking for a braided radiator hose for a 3.8lt ecotec. I cannot seem to find any in my searches and was wondering if anyone might know where I can pick one up.
Only for cosmetics...

Cheers

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I think you can just buy a roll of braid and the end covers and cut to size and fit over your existing hose, hose restoration/hot rod shops sell the kits etc

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is no actual braided radiator hose, you can either do as suggested above or make an actual proper braided hose using something from Aeroflow but it's gonna cost a small fortune.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

Representative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
There is no actual braided radiator hose, you can either do as suggested above or make an actual proper braided hose using something from Aeroflow but it's gonna cost a small fortune.
Here is where I got the idea from

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Go to an auto parts store.....They sell braided line in a kit, so you've just got to fit it upto your own hoses, as immortality mentioned....

Might even get it cheaper than that ebay link you sent and get more hoses done in the process

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That is a regular radiator hose with a braided sleeve over the top using regular worm hose clamps and dress up ends to look like threaded braided hose style fittings.

Representative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Go to an auto parts store.....They sell braided line in a kit, so you've just got to fit it upto your own hoses, as immortality mentioned....

Might even get it cheaper than that ebay link you sent and get more hoses done in the process
That is a regular radiator hose with a braided sleeve over the top using regular worm hose clamps and dress up ends to look like threaded braided hose style fittings.
Cheers guys!
Love this forum to bits!