Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keeping It OEM ?

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
So heres a question - Given the age of our VZ Clubsports, do we keep them OEM or not bother given that parts are getting pretty hard to find (Well here in Christchurch at least) ? and they are now nearly 20 years old.

I have a full coby exhaust - so not OEM, OTR - not OEM, ABD brake rotors - not oem, Sony HD - not oem and now thinking of putty R8 wheels on as cannot get the OEM ones.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Depends on whether you are a purist or not.

Your car, do what makes you happy :)

Ultimately you have really only changed bolt on items so it's not heavily modified as such.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Each to their own. Seeing how much more they fetch at wholesale or auction was all the inspiration I needed, But some days I do miss having the loudest lowest mean machine in town.

Original wheels and sound system would go a long way. I even purched new PZERO's to match the build sheet.

It's becoming very difficult to find parts so just keep whatever you take off

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
New wheels
20240419_172549.jpg

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Any time you modify an HSV you will reduce its market value. However, I would draw the line at not replacing things like the sub-standard brakes (except on recent models) and also not keeping the sub-standard tyres. Just keep all the old bits so that you can replace them, if necessary, when you dispose of the car, either via trade-in or purchase.

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
Any time you modify an HSV you will reduce its market value. However, I would draw the line at not replacing things like the sub-standard brakes (except on recent models) and also not keeping the sub-standard tyres. Just keep all the old bits so that you can replace them, if necessary, when you dispose of the car, either via trade-in or purchase.
It has had all 4 rotors upgraded and replace, upgraded pads, hoses & brake fluid. Full exhaust system and an otr (at some point in its life its been stroked to 403(?) as well and tuned accordingly . It has an aftermarket hu but is standard otherwise.
Dont have the correct rims or exhaust system or oem brakes so yup fully accept it will be worh less but then not planning on selling it (brave words :))

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Half of those things don't matter, many enthusiasts replace parts to suit their tastes even if the rest of the car is bone stock. Exhaust, intake, brakes fall into this category. Unless it's a low mile, original something fancy then half of these would be more desirable to the average owner of 'original' car anyway, if done properly. And most are simple bolt-ons, unbolt and swap as required like a set of rims.

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
Its done 142000 k's so just over 7400 per year - not super low but no just a fairly "normal" VZ Clubby - so not too special :cool: