Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey look, it’s developers being shitheads, probably par for the course.

His option was to live in his half of the duplex while the other half gets demolished or take an apartment in the new development. I’d probably have done the same thing as having body corporate fees bleeding you dry isn’t exactly an appealing option.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yea but a house makes about 5-7%, that is about what you get for super.
But if you get a home loan, you pay interest so that will drop that percentage down a bit, then say you sell your house in your 70's to downsize, you have to pay capital gains tax which further drops your houses percentage over it's life.

Plus your house in retirement won't bring you an income.

But having your own home brings the satisfaction of knowing you can do what ever the heck you like to it and stay as long as you bloody want to...

You certainly have some fcuked up ideas

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And? Both counter parties agree so it must be ok right? That was your argument.

If it was up to me buying existing houses to rent them out would also be illegal. Only new builds would be able to be rented out and the government would be involved in providing social housing again.
Smart idea, considering a newly built home buyer gets more financial help than one that buys an existing property.... :rolleyes:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
No. Everything they have worked for they deserve 100%. The unearned income they get from rents (other peoples money they worked for) is what I object to.
What about the unearned benefit people make on their superannuation, do you object to that also?

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
I'd love him to go to a tyre shop in Adelaide.....There is a male that is currently transferring into a female....I could imagine his response. Having a video set up would be gold

My thoughts over them is, If they can do their job properly, I could give a rats
OK, as long as they keep out of female sport.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Smart idea, considering a newly built home buyer gets more financial help than one that buys an existing property.... :rolleyes:

Since when? If there is any extra financial assistance for new home home buyers vs existing home buyers then it’s probably something new that the current government has recently introduced.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
What about the unearned benefit people make on their superannuation, do you object to that also?

Not insomuch as its investment in companies as predominantly that money is invested to improve society. If landlords investment into housing was predominantly invested to improve society (by building new houses to improve housing supply) I wouldn’t object to it. But seeing as over 80% of investment is into existing houses then I will object to it.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Feck me! They can't even fill the f@#king pot holes in!

Well it’s only the Victorian government thats completely incompetent so you’re screwed. They managed to pay half a billion dollars to not have a commonwealth games! Thats a new level of incompetence right there.

In all seriousness though it would actually be mostly the private sector making the houses and the federal government would need to pay for most of it (seeing as they have most of the taxation powers).

Having the government properly involved in funding social housing would even out the boom/bust cycle of the current system and keep housing being built rather than it collapsing in a heap when small contractors are struggling and go bust.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Since when? If there is any extra financial assistance for new home home buyers vs existing home buyers then it’s probably something new that the current government has recently introduced.
Home start is set up for new home buyers to enter the market, providing they are building a new home....Not sure of all the benefits but definately more benefits for them if they are doing a new build, not buying an existing home