Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This is certainly one change we need to see happen in NZ,

But I do hope the system is robust enough so we don't end up with cheap shoddy or counterfeit building products getting into the supply chain.

Fletchers is going to hate this :)

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
This is certainly one change we need to see happen in NZ,

[/URL]

But I do hope the system is robust enough so we don't end up with cheap shoddy or counterfeit building products getting into the supply chain.

Fletchers is going to hate this :)

And what countries are the building products going to be coming from?
It's easy for a country to say they have high standards for products, But who's auditing the producer?
My works factory is in China, They can get any certificate we need in a couple of minutes

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And what countries are the building products going to be coming from?
It's easy for a country to say they have high standards for products, But who's auditing the producer?
My works factory is in China, They can get any certificate we need in a couple of minutes

And therein lies the problem.

I'll await what those smart politicians come up with.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Chinese products can be very good or very bad. I bought 2 mechanical watches from Ali express. One is still fine while the other stopped working after a few months. Went to adjust the time & the crown came straight out. Thinking I got B stock item on that one

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Chinese products can be very good or very bad. I bought 2 mechanical watches from Ali express. One is still fine while the other stopped working after a few months. Went to adjust the time & the crown came straight out. Thinking I got B stock item on that one

Yep, that’s exactly right. Chinese stuff can be of any quality, from the premium electronics (high end phones) to the cheapest electronics (that barely works). It’s hard to affiliate ‘Chinese’ and a particular quality (either low or high) as the Chinese quality covers the whole spectrum of quality. They make things to meet a particular market and price bracket and can do from the very best to the very cheapest.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yep, that’s exactly right. Chinese stuff can be of any quality, from the premium electronics (high end phones) to the cheapest electronics (that barely works). It’s hard to affiliate ‘Chinese’ and a particular quality (either low or high) as the Chinese quality covers the whole spectrum of quality. They make things to meet a particular market and price bracket and can do from the very best to the very cheapest.
When it comes to building products, they're always low quality lol.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yup, we've had plenty of issues with **** quality local products.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anybody remember "Monolithic cladding"?

Before my time of home ownership but I do have vague recollections, that the **** that turned to pulp when it got wet? No doubt we've had a fair share of shitty locally made products hit the markets here.

Lets just hope in their haste to fix **** they don't let a whole lot of new shitty product in but I guess we'll know in about 10-20 years with the next back to leaky homes...