Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Is talking to another Countries security agency as bad as doing a 30 billion dollar deal on defence weaponry as PM then six months after taking a highly paid job in the same American industry that sold the deal? The same thing happened with another conservative government many years ago. Australia did a deal with the US to buy F18's, the then defence minister left his job and went to work for Boeing.
Same ****, different day.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Is talking to another Countries security agency as bad as doing a 30 billion dollar deal on defence weaponry as PM then six months after taking a highly paid job in the same American industry that sold the deal? The same thing happened with another conservative government many years ago. Australia did a deal with the US to buy F18's, the then defence minister left his job and went to work for Boeing.

I think that happens with all governments, same issue in NZ, politicians leave parliament and go straight into a cushy jobs with private companies in industries they've either done deals with or advocated for.

Their really need to be rules to prevent this happening, minimum stand down periods etc.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
How people on here can't see what I'm talking about is just ignorance.

I'm not talking about adults, I'm talking about children, they're being indoctrinated by left wing teachers in the education system, and this is trying to teach them that they can have gender reassignment surgery at young ages.
This is a violation of their innocence, it should only be a matter for an adult not a child.

If any person cannot understand this then they're either brain dead or very ignorant and cannot read the English language.

I for one comprehend perfectly well that you have been indoctrinated by American right-wing MAGA propaganda and can see that perfectly well because of your willful ignorance and stuborn inability to accept factual truths. To the point that, when presented with evidence that you are wrong, you just simply ignore it.

Continuing The Futile Attempt To Educate An Ignoramus.

@shane_3800 I believe you are the one who sidetracked this political thread into gender issues when, in post #19,181, you answered chrisp's comment about Trump being divisive with the typical diversionary MAGA response of dog-whistling so called conservative anti-"woke" issues using formulated phraseology consisting of short statements or soundbites that exaggerate the factual reality.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I think that happens with all governments, same issue in NZ, politicians leave parliament and go straight into a cushy jobs with private companies in industries they've either done deals with or advocated for.

Their really need to be rules to prevent this happening, minimum stand down periods etc.
Can you name a labour politician doing that? I can't think of one in Oz, only snouts in the trough Liberals.

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Why would you even bring up this topic, especially when you have no kids of your own?

Has it got something to do with the American way or something?

Oh and what it is worth, kids around the age of 10 are capable of making their own minds up....Unlike you...You can;t make yours up, so that says alot about your age and mentality

As a person with 3 kids around this age I think I'm qualified to answer. Are you ******* nuts??? At that age they are into trying all sorts of things - different sports, hobbies, whatever. What is the best thing ever this week is completely forgotten next. Not a fkn chance in hell they are able to make such an important decision with any conviction at that age.

Can you name a labour politician doing that? I can't think of one in Oz, only snouts in the trough Liberals.

Ex Vic govco premier John Brumby + Labor Mp's Phil Dalidakis, Gavin Jennings, Theo Theophanous, Cesar Melham, just for starters. Then there are former ALP officals Stephen Newham (ex state secretary), Kosmos Samaras (ex asst state secretary), Ben Hart (senior advisor) - if I listed them all, it'd break the internet.

***anybody*** that thinks it's only one side or the other, much less says it has their head up their own arse so far it nearly comes back out their mouth.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Ex Vic govco premier John Brumby + Labor Mp's Phil Dalidakis, Gavin Jennings, Theo Theophanous, Cesar Melham, just for starters. Then there are former ALP officals Stephen Newham (ex state secretary), Kosmos Samaras (ex asst state secretary), Ben Hart (senior advisor) - if I listed them all, it'd break the internet.

***anybody*** that thinks it's only one side or the other, much less says it has their head up their own arse so far it nearly comes back out their mouth.

Both sides of the duopoly have been as bad as each other when it comes to graft and corruption. They have become too complacent in their duopoly status, which has now been challenged (at least federally anyway) by the record number of independents.

Here’s hoping the scare of more independents gets them to pull their heads in but I won’t hold my breath. The duopoly are already working hand in hand to change the electoral rules to make it harder for independents to win in future elections.