Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is there an adaptor for a vz to ve throttle body (v6 Leo engine)

anthony187

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
hey i got a cpr6 intake (leo) engine but for a vz (v6) commodore but i have a ve (v6) commodore & i didnt notice the vz throttle body and the ve throttle body bolts are a different space apart, is there a way i can make it fit?, maybe like some sort of adaptor plate or someting, any help would be much appreciated :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
hey i got a cpr6 intake (leo) engine but for a vz (v6) commodore but i have a ve (v6) commodore & i didnt notice the vz throttle body and the ve throttle body bolts are a different space apart, is there a way i can make it fit?, maybe like some sort of adaptor plate or someting, any help would be much appreciated :)
They are also different wiring and different plugs.

You would have to get one fabricated.

I could be wrong, but I think the VE is also bigger.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Make one from MDF and take it to a fabricators with a CNC machine to get them to copy it.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yea, if you take the manifold and the TB to a engineering shop they should be able to make one.
I watched Martin a tafe teacher who was a tool maker engineer, pattern maker, boiler maker and fitter turner at Tafe make one in an arvo for the Holden 5l we had there.
He just got a big chunk of steel and a hole saw on the geared head pedestal drill, I asked why he didn't go over to the metal fab section and use their CNC, but I think he didn't get along with the metal fab teachers, maybe why he was in the mechanics section.

Anyway sorry for the random story, as Fu said a fabrication/engineering shop should be able to make one easy.