Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV GEN F mode dial wiring

ATLRGEMALOO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS / MALOO
hey mate, is this a hsv or ssv? i wanna put this in my car with the driver mode knob functioning but not sure if its possible. could you give some in sight on wether or not thats what youve done here or?
Mine was in an ss. You need the hud plug from the control switch (light switch).

Then you can by the mode dial and the gear surround off eBay. Then it’s a matter of adding 2 from abs module for the left and right selection on the mode dial and relocate 2 wires for the traction control button

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
hey mate, is this a hsv or ssv? i wanna put this in my car with the driver mode knob functioning but not sure if its possible. could you give some in sight on wether or not thats what youve done here or?
It's a Series 2 SSV Redline ute. The mode dial will fully function on any Series 2 V8 with the SSV dash cluster. Series 1 non-HSV doesn't have the bimodal exhaust for the mode dial to open and close the exhaust valves.

Lachy_jeffery01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore Ute
It's a Series 2 SSV Redline ute. The mode dial will fully function on any Series 2 V8 with the SSV dash cluster. Series 1 non-HSV doesn't have the bimodal exhaust for the mode dial to open and close the exhaust valves.
So is that saying it won’t work at all on a s1 non hsv? I have a s1 ssv redline. Also with the dial and modes itself. Is there 3 options to drive in and then the traction control button? Is that why you need 2 extra wires for the other 2 modes?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So is that saying it won’t work at all on a s1 non hsv? I have a s1 ssv redline. Also with the dial and modes itself. Is there 3 options to drive in and then the traction control button? Is that why you need 2 extra wires for the other 2 modes?
I haven't fitted the mode dial to a Series 1 to see how it functions.