Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Hurricane

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I know this is an old thread, but some of the comments made 13 years ago about the design are just ............ :(
Obviously, they were not around when it was released, and do not understand anything of its significance to Australian / Holden engineering and capability.
I hope those members are now 'enjoying' driving their electric BYDs and MGs.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think the car was way ahead of its time. Another great Holden design put in a cupboard.

Looks like even 10years ago we could t see the car for the innovations it presented. I think it’s a beautiful car as well.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I know this is an old thread, but some of the comments made 13 years ago about the design are just ............ :(
Obviously, they were not around when it was released, and do not understand anything of its significance to Australian / Holden engineering and capability.
I hope those members are now 'enjoying' driving their electric BYDs and MGs.
As the person who started this thread, I’m still here, though mostly I lurk (and search for info I’m chasing for the restoration of my VX Berlina). I’ve loved the Hurricane since I first saw a pic of it on Holden’s website over 20 odd years ago.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
They never built it , it was all hype and BS whats the significance of it? The one picture of what appeared to be a finnished car I saw had a 186 and Banjo diff Holden never did much r&d for Australia .

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
They never built it , it was all hype and BS whats the significance of it? The one picture of what appeared to be a finnished car I saw had a 186 and Banjo diff Holden never did much r&d for Australia .
We are due for another conspiracy theory.

Must admit that when I saw it, it never occurred to me that it was a just cardboard cutout, painted by kindy kids. Fooled me.:(

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
We are due for another conspiracy theory.
Why Aussies love BS. Ive heard it my entire life . With in the week there will be more posted here on JC . If no bs one of the pathetics like that oldbomb turn out will post some thing equally pathetic. Would you like to buy a bridge? One prototype means nothing.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Would you like to buy a bridge?
Hope it is not the Westgate Bridge. Didn't it fall down ? No, wait. That was the Tasman Bridge.

I saw the Torana GTR-X being driven around the Bathurst showground last century.
Found out 50 years later it was really a plastic body over a kiddies Austin A40 pedal car. True !

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Weird cars that cut off pedestrians legs...

images (7)~2.jpeg

https://www.story-cars.com/revolutionary-rides-the-top-10-concept-cars-of-the-1970s

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I have seen it a few times (Adelaide blessings I guess) but never heard it running. Thanks for sharing this video

I love it, along with most of the concept cars. The birdwood display of them is wonderful.