Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hi i have a VS ute cloumn shift won't start .

gummo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
have code 31 - says deterant problem . Can any one help please . Turns over has fuel and no injector pulse . fires with fuel into manifold . it didnt have a deterant light got one today its on all the time ! is it supposed to be? untill you turn key and then go out ? please help and explain how this is supposed to work . ive got new key had it tuned to car so to speak. thanks in advance.
I have new info deterant light is on solid not flashing like its supposed to ! can anyone help with this in knowing whats wrong or what may be causing this ?

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Make sure the contact on the key remote is connecting the slip ring around the ignition.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think the problem is your new key.

Reactions: Lex

gummo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Make sure the contact on the key remote is connecting the slip ring around the ignition.
Thanks i tripple checked that is good contact . Do you know if det light is supposed to flash or not ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do you have the original key? Unless you bought the key from Holden and had it programmed by their locksmith they send you too you will likely have problems.

gummo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I think the problem is your new key.
Im talking to as many people as i can and that has come up ! I have auto leky telling me to unplug bcm and plug it back in . try first then he has oem fob to try . thanks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Check out the attached document for info on the operation of the VR/VS Theft Deterrent System (from the Holden Factory VR/VS Service Manual). Note that all references to "high series BCM" apply equally to the "low series BCM" - it just saves them describing the same thing twice.

Attachments

• VR-VS Theft Deterrent System.pdf
    342.6 KB · Views: 76

gmholdman

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 in FJ ute
Im talking to as many people as i can and that has come up ! I have auto leky telling me to unplug bcm and plug it back in . try first then he has oem fob to try . thanks
Have similar problem ? I have to move the selector arm up and down a few times (maybe twice) making sure it is up “hard” in park. Sounds a bit simple but give it a try ??