Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Grennan's G8 SSV Sportswagon!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Im pretty peeved to. Im really angry about the entire thing. Like I said, this is my first speeding fine in 5 years (and that was at a camera that I never passed but I copped it. Im fairly, I dunno, Im pretty salty that my first offence and it ####s me like this, yet there are drink drivers etc who get off on less. I guess its just Victoria's crusader against speeders. Cut people off, cause accidents all you like, just dont speed. But it is what it is. I cant change it just gotta accept it move and and not do it again.

Been driving a Pathfinder for the last 4 weeks. Getting into the SS after that felt like I just went and brought a SpaceX air shuttle.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Heaps of time to install a cam and manual conversion !

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Heaps of time to install a cam and manual conversion !

Eh, Im saving hard for a house. This has put a bit of a dent in my savings so this year I want to go hard at it.

I might try and put a little aside for cam, but I want to do some cosmetic stuff like cleaning up the engine bay replace some stuff with black alloy etc.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
good to see it back man, any damage from impound?

Jonesy

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Nah. It wasnt towed so I was able to give it them and they inspect it and you sign it over and you do an inspection when you get it back. Apparently surrender is totally different to tow.

If you get it towed, the towies just say "Meh" and you sign a disclaimer saying if its damaged then you can essentially #### off. There was however random bird poo on the inside of the door. I left my windows down on it when I gave it to them (was a 41 degree day) and they didnt put them up so there must have been a random bird in there one day.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Sucks about the loss of licence. and the ****ty Melbourne drivers. It's too easy to get mad overtaking someone driving 20+ under the limit, and even in 5th these cars don't take long to get that fast. Can I ask what height you are running in the Great ocean road pic? is that standard?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Sucks about the loss of licence. and the ****ty Melbourne drivers. It's too easy to get mad overtaking someone driving 20+ under the limit, and even in 5th these cars don't take long to get that fast. Can I ask what height you are running in the Great ocean road pic? is that standard?

Yeah the officer who came and spoke to me was very reasonable.

I was a speed camera, not a pull over so they came around and asked me who was driving and I just fessed up and said it was me. He asked what happened and I said look, I had just drove home, I was in pain and I was angry at this driver. My car is modified and as you said, as soon as I put the foot down at 100 in it it takes off very quickly. He pretty much said yeah I know, but yeah it is what it is. They didnt charge me with the usual dangerous driving charge etc and i was on my way.

Standard height. Although, it would have been loaded up with some luggage in the back (maybe 80kg worth?). Ive had it next to other standard SS's and it sits a little lower so im not sure, maybe the springs are just worn as ****.

Working out some stuff that I want to do to the car while its off the road:

Engine Bay Appearance:

- Buy Catch Can with nylon line.
- Clean up other hoses.
- Remove and Replace standard fluid reservoirs with Black Alloy.
- Install new style VCM OTR that I have sitting here.
- Buy Split Engine Cover.
- Paint/Hyrodip OTR Shroud, OTR, Engine Covers.

Outside Appearance:

- Replace Rear Wagon Chrome Strip (possibly paint same color as Engine Bay plastics).
- Color Code SS Badges as above.
- Remove AFM crappy badges. Cause AFM is ****.

Interior Appearance:

- Replace broken plastics (Center Console Lid).
- Paint dash strips same as exterior/engine bay.

Performance:

Buy Camshaft, Lifters, DOD kit.

Last edited:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
That's sucks about the speeding ticket mate, you got unlucky. At least you have the right attitude about it.

Planned mods sound good, I'm keen to see how you go with the engine bay cos I have more ideas for mine once the finances start flowing a bit more.