Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Got my gear box finally fixed abd my reverse alarm stays on when goi g into reverse help please

Nazza 2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais 2004
So after my mechanic stuffing me around for 3 months and my car baking in the hot sun. West Coast automatics fixed her 5150$ but she is my pride and joy. Now my reverse sensors stays on it did have a tow ball and harness which I've removed I've checked the plugs in the boot drivers side when I bought her she was missing a sensor but found a new set installed them still not working could it he the buzzer or will that be fine because it stays constantly buzzing when in reverse any advice would be appreciated

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What car model is this for?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lost me...Something about the car baking in the sun....Then something about a tow ball and things buzzing....

I reckon a bit of punctuation would be a bit of a start...Not to mention what the issue actually is, other than things buzzing

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Lost me...Something about the car baking in the sun....Then something about a tow ball and things buzzing....

I reckon a bit of punctuation would be a bit of a start...Not to mention what the issue actually is, other than things buzzing
haw haw, everybody else understands what @Nazza 2003 wrote, even has a full stop in it, sounds like you failed english at school and have no ability to understand what you"re reading :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
So after my mechanic stuffing me around for 3 months and my car baking in the hot sun. West Coast automatics fixed her 5150$ but she is my pride and joy. Now my reverse sensors stays on it did have a tow ball and harness which I've removed I've checked the plugs in the boot drivers side when I bought her she was missing a sensor but found a new set installed them still not working could it he the buzzer or will that be fine because it stays constantly buzzing when in reverse any advice would be appreciated
That is a normal price. The 5L40e is a hard gearbox to find parts for. The shop would have been waiting ages. Add to that, there is only a few good transmission places left in Perth and SW WA, so wait times to perform work are also long with high demand.

It’s a tough one to find a solution to.
I’d be removing the rear bumper. Remove the sensors and set them up off the bumper. Engage reverse. Does it do it?

Next is to get the module for it and see what’s going on.

You can buy the module NOS still. It’s the same as VE one that’s installed as a kit by dealers. Rear only. This is different to the modules factory fitted so look for the VE kit on eBay.

It’s also possible that there is a faulty sensor. I’ve seen a few VZ sensor harnesses for sale on eBay. Might be worth trying another harness and sensors.

Nazza 2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais 2004
That is a normal price. The 5L40e is a hard gearbox to find parts for. The shop would have been waiting ages. Add to that, there is only a few good transmission places left in Perth and SW WA, so wait times to perform work are also long with high demand.

It’s a tough one to find a solution to.
I’d be removing the rear bumper. Remove the sensors and set them up off the bumper. Engage reverse. Does it do it?

Next is to get the module for it and see what’s going on.

You can buy the module NOS still. It’s the same as VE one that’s installed as a kit by dealers. Rear only. This is different to the modules factory fitted so look for the VE kit on eBay.

It’s also possible that there is a faulty sensor. I’ve seen a few VZ sensor harnesses for sale on eBay. Might be worth trying another harness and sensors.
Thanks for your reply and ideas mate were can I buy a new module from as I'm in Pinjarra. I've got some older sensors still so will keep persisting cheers everyone. And does anyone know if there will be any cruises coming up would love to come. Cheers nazza

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Aren't reversing buzzers meant to stay on in reverse? Are you talking about those added alerts like trucks have for backing up to warn ppl? Usually just something wired into the back-up lights, rather than on the shifter. GM option or aftermarket? Or do you mean the round sensors in the bumper cover? Just noticed it said Calais, was thinking more of a Crewman or ute.

Nazza 2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais 2004
Aren't reversing buzzers meant to stay on in reverse? Are you talking about those added alerts like trucks have for backing up to warn ppl? Usually just something wired into the back-up lights, rather than on the shifter. GM option or aftermarket? Or do you mean the round sensors in the bumper cover? Just noticed it said Calais, was thinking more of a Crewman or ute.
So as I put it in reverse the alarm stays beepingthe hole time

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
As in without an obstacle there?
That’s why I suggest one of the sensors is faulty.

Go through the procedures I outlined to figure out what’s going on.