Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gear Shift On An Auto,

TheJackal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina, 1964 EH Holden
Thanks Terence, I'll have a go at it.

Cheers.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I made a post with a guide with pics explaining how to change this button a few months ago, 4 some reason the pics dont wanna work now. I'll try to get the pics goin again soon. I've also posted it on another forum, http://commonwhores.3.forumer.com I think u need to sign up to be able to view it though once signed up the thread is here.

TheJackal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina, 1964 EH Holden
Thanks Julie. I'm better with pictures!!!

Cheers.

singhy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Series 2 3.8L Automatic
I was browsing on ebay for a auto gear knob for my VS and i come across a piece of valuable information "Will fit most automatic cars... but please check that you don't have an overdrive button on the gear shift lever. Also, this gear knob will not fit cars that utilise a lift button (some cars do not push down to change gear, but lift up instead, eg VR, VS commodore).". Just thought that might come in handy for anyone else.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I was browsing on ebay for a auto gear knob for my VS and i come across a piece of valuable information "Will fit most automatic cars... but please check that you don't have an overdrive button on the gear shift lever. Also, this gear knob will not fit cars that utilise a lift button (some cars do not push down to change gear, but lift up instead, eg VR, VS commodore).". Just thought that might come in handy for anyone else.

And that wasn't common sense...?