Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
SlickHolden said:
Yes i think your right,
I once emailed them and asked about Holden being owned by anyone here or anyone from the Holden family.
They told me holden was fully owned by GM now they are no more or less Australian then kraft nestle etc.

Straight answer. Your answer dogged.

Holden has been completely owned by General Motors since 1931...

As for the hatchback, I think its hard to read into the reply from Holden. If they straight out answered NO to everything that was incorrect, people could simply narrow information down. They wont confirm or deny anything!

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Wouldn't it be funny if the production version had the faux side vents taped on the car and if Holden offered the car bras as an accessory - kinda got used to seeing the VE with the car bra on now.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
1991_Vn2nV said:
Holden has been completely owned by General Motors since 1931...

As for the hatchback, I think its hard to read into the reply from Holden. If they straight out answered NO to everything that was incorrect, people could simply narrow information down. They wont confirm or deny anything!
The Holden family and the body builders still owned a share of holden for many years after that, It wasn't until GM got meaner maybe when holden started to struggle that they bought more and more.
I know a guy that could sit you down and tell you some stuff you wouldn't believe, He hates GM his not a young man but he recalls the tricks that were done by the U.S and GM to holden back 50+ years ago. today he has a massive hate for both the U.S and GM. He might have worked for them back 50+ years ago but he doesn't say to much on that side But he has a massive wealth of knowledge of holden early days and cars in general.
He spoke of a time he was coming to Melbourne with no car and got a lift with David Morley who was testing the new GT this is in the 60's i think, I didn't know he was that old Morley?.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Since sunday,i've seen 2 VE's round the Burnside/Caroline Springs area. One was red and looked like the SS shown in some of the pics, and the other was black with some chrome on it which I think could have been a Calais.

Unfortunatly my phone was flat once and I didn't have it with me the second time!

Any news/thoughts on a Statesman/Caprice? Sorry if someone has already posted about Statesman. I missed it if they did!

Edit:- Just looked at the links that blackahcdx posted and it was the black Calais V I saw.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Shortstuff said:
Since sunday,i've seen 2 VE's round the Burnside/Caroline Springs area. One was red and looked like the SS shown in some of the pics, and the other was black with some chrome on it which I think could have been a Calais.

Unfortunatly my phone was flat once and I didn't have it with me the second time!

Any news/thoughts on a Statesman/Caprice? Sorry if someone has already posted about Statesman. I missed it if they did!

Edit:- Just looked at the links that blackahcdx posted and it was the black Calais V I saw.
Did you notice and LED taillights on it??

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
No,I didn't see the back of it! Are they Audi style things? They'll look good if they are.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
SlickHolden said:
The Holden family and the body builders still owned a share of holden for many years after that, It wasn't until GM got meaner maybe when holden started to struggle that they bought more and more.
I know a guy that could sit you down and tell you some stuff you wouldn't believe, He hates GM his not a young man but he recalls the tricks that were done by the U.S and GM to holden back 50+ years ago.

Taken from "The Holden Heritage". Excellent read if you have the time....incredibly detailed. I havent read all of it though, there too much.
• The full force of the worldwide depression hits Australia and Holden, which has just completed a major expansion, and is caught off guard.
Then a year later:
• The economic situation continues to deteriorate and Holden’s Motor Body Builders is closed for much of the year. The company fills just 1651 car body orders, compared with over 36,000 five years earlier.
• GM Corporation buys the entire Holden’s Motor Body Builders operation and merges it with GMA to form General Motors–Holden’s (later General Motors–Holden’s Automotive).

Back on topic... That Calais-V looks incredibly nice. Very upmarket with the chrome and black combination. I agree with the article, very AMG Mercedes style. Looks tops!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Shortstuff said:
No,I didn't see the back of it! Are they Audi style things? They'll look good if they are.
A little bit but maybe larger?.
1991_Vn2nV said:
Taken from "The Holden Heritage". Excellent read if you have the time....incredibly detailed. I havent read all of it though, there too much.

Then a year later:

Back on topic... That Calais-V looks incredibly nice. Very upmarket with the chrome and black combination. I agree with the article, very AMG Mercedes style. Looks tops!
I kid you not, A couple of years ago i read something completely different to that, It went on that over the years GM bought more and more of HMBB.
But the price was the same.
But it was said HMBB were worth double that easy, The land they owned was worth a mint and GM got the bargain of all bargains.