Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 suspension

B

Binary

I went from Standard to FE2 height, and while the difference is noticeable, its not drastic, probably a little too high for aesthetics - it doesnt look as low as an SS without the SS skirting.

Changing the shocks / struts is optional, although your stockies are likely to age a little faster if not running at the designed height. FE2 isn't too low so they should be okay - but go much lower and I'd suggest you change them. Just be aware that your existing shocks will not last as long and be prepared to buy new ones in the future. If you still have the original shocks from stock, you should probably change them anyway :p

I'm sure others will tell you different, but my Bridgstone B530s are holding up just fine without a camber kit, although I've heard its highly recommended if you go much lower than FE2.

vtcommodo3800

Got me a v8!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SS Thunder
hey i was told by my holden dealer that it will lower the car 2" and a camber kit is not needed. Can you show us some pics. Thanks

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
A camber kit isnt needed for fe2, with S & SS it comes standard with no camber kit... although there is a bit of camber there anyways - so if you really wanted the rears straight as possible it wouldnt hurt. Though like Binary, my Bridgstone B530s also held up perfectly fine with no camber kit on fe2.

These pics are of mine with fe2 as standard, then with superlows (plus a 4 point rear camber kit) a day after installed so it will settle a touch lower after a while.

fe2 definately looks better than standard height, but superlow looks even better :thumbsup:

B

Binary

vtcommodo3800 said:
hey i was told by my holden dealer that it will lower the car 2" and a camber kit is not needed. Can you show us some pics. Thanks
I would say 2" is very optimistic, I would think more like 1"-1.5". As you can see from optimus' post, FE2 isnt very low - and superlows look much better. But if you dont want to bother with a camber kit, FE2 might have to do. My car is still at FE2 height and I find it fine (I can post pics if you want), and it handles much better (I have HSV dampers too), but it would definately look better sitting a little lower.

vtcommodo3800

Got me a v8!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SS Thunder
Can you measure from the ground to the wheel arch for me please so i can compare it to standard. and what size wheels do you have. Thanks alot.

pimpin_calais

pimpin_calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais
just a quick question guys would fe2's off a vx fit a vs??

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
The lowering is about a inch. Be awares that there are things like link rods in a VT that are softer metal than VX onwards. They have a habit of bending, but most don't even know it. FE2 lowered height is dependent on the tyre and wheel combination larger wheels/tires brings things closer to the arch and gives the impression of lowering. Overdoing looks crap (though many disagree I know). don't buy the components second hand if acan oafford it, get them new. you dunno how the rpevious owner treated them.

B

Binary

vtcommodo3800 said:
Can you measure from the ground to the wheel arch for me please so i can compare it to standard. and what size wheels do you have. Thanks alot.

Sorry for delay, will do tomorrow.

pimpin_calais said:
just a quick question guys would fe2's off a vx fit a vs??
Afaik, the front struts/springs will fit in a VS fine. Not sure about the rear - if you have a live rear axle, then definately not, if you have IRS i'm not sure.

vtcommodo3800

Got me a v8!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SS Thunder
Thanks also VX FE2's will fit a VT fine won't it. Because I just brought FE2's off a mate with a VX SS. They were never used.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
the lower you go ,the worse the negative camber gets . i have fe2 suspension in my VX series 1 .The rear set of tyres have done 40,000 kays and they are just starting to wear on the inside . I usually make a quick trip down to my local tyre fitter and get them to rip the tyres off the rims ,turn them around and re fit them . or you can rotate the front to the rear and the rear to the front . ( that reminds me , must buy a camber kit ) :bang:
Also the VT uses the same running gear as the vx