Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

extractors

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i am getting extractors put on my vk black 202 soon. i am wondering if anyone has heard of the brand "advance extractors" the guy at everlast mufflers says they are good, just wanting to get someone elses opinion who might be abit more trustworthy then someone trying to make a sale.

cheers

scott

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Never heard of them. Pacemaker extractors are generally a good choice. They are welded in such a way that provides the least resistance to the exhaust gases. You find them adverised in many car mag around the place. From what I have heard, the original designer of the popular and successful Genie extractors moved over to Pacemaker, another reason they are considered quite good.

When looking at these extractors, look for reasonably large primaries. No sharp bends, especially straight out of the head. V8s' exhaust ports are already on a downward slant, taking away some of the angle fom the start. More bending is required when coming out of your 6. The restricting factor is your inlet manifold getting in the way.

The other thing to consider is a 6 into 1 tuned length set up. It depends on how far you want to go with performance.

Hope this helps. ;)

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
performance is not my main concern just want to get a nicer tone to my 2 and a quarter exhaust.

cheers

scott

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
xstatic said:
performance is not my main concern just want to get a nicer tone to my 2 and a quarter exhaust.

cheers

scott

2 1/4 Exhaust is perfect for the set-up and engine you have. You won't really tell a huge difference between different extractors. The only difference you may be able to tell is between your common 6-2-1 extractors and a set of tuned length 6-1 extractors. The tuned length sound a little smoother.

With the same set-up on my car I had people asking me all the time what sort of V8 I had! ;)

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i get that now, makes you feel kind of speacil. i probably will get them just so i can say i have them :D

cheers

scott

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If you want a pretty good set of extractors I would suggest a standard VK EFI 6 set, cut off the collector far enough up to weld a 2 1/4 pipe onto them leave the pipe about 1m in length and then flange the pipe to bolt onto your exhaust.
I can supply pics of a set I modified

If you want new definitely buy pacemaker, by far the best

cheers
Scott

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
mines carby, i will have to see how my money goes , got other things to do to my girl first but thought i would ask see if anyone had heard of them.

i also don't plan on having the car for very long so i don't want to spend a **** load of money on it.

cheers

scott

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I really think a VK EFI set is the way to go probably $100 for the extractors and about $300 for the rest of the exhaust, should be alot cheaper than a new set esp if your selling the car. I have a 2 1/4" system on a heavily modified 202.

I have included what the modified VK extractors would look like, I actually just sold the complete exhaust including the pictured extractors.
You can paint them with 1500degF heat proof paint if you prep it well it wont burn off and looks great.

cheers
Scott

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
do you know what is the max hp u can get out of a 202, i have always wanted to know, i wish i could keep my girl longer but i want to sell her under 200 000ks so and with some simple and easy mods it will make her more attractive. i probably will just take it to where i got my exhaust put on there cheap and they know what they are doing, that way if it f*c*s up i can blame them :)

cheers

scott

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Mine was approx 120-130bkw It did go well but was very thirsty, flat out I would do 350km out of 83L,
Your mods price wise will depend on how much you are doing yourself. Im driving a carbie VK atm, when I built the engine it I putin a slightly mild cam, ported the head out & the inlet manifold & headers. Also a VK electronic dizzy. Goes marginally better than a normal carbie VK.
If your after cheap mods to a carbie VK, Electronic dizzy, rip the head off attack it with a diegrinder on inlet & exhaust ports & port match them to the manifolds, do the exhaust and thats about it after that it will get expensive. Possibly a webber conversion If you do it yourself about $40 for the carbie, possibly about $20-$40 for the rebuild kit & about $40 for the adapter.
I plan to sell my carbie VK in about a month for around $2200-2500 if I can, I have had it on the road since the end of September it has had a engine rebuild, gearbox rebuild, rego & insurance new master cyl, suspension bushes, new tyres & mags. Now the car is pretty good .
To me it doesnt matter how many KM are on the car its how the car is well maintained.