Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors and benefits?

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I keep seeing sets of extractors for sale second hand, some with mid sections too. I have no rear mufflers and the note is OK, but I wouldn't mind a change on the tone and possible power gains too?

There are cheap and from a VE SS so should fit hey?

Screenshot_20230528_143942_Facebook.jpg

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I keep seeing sets of extractors for sale second hand, some with mid sections too. I have no rear mufflers and the note is OK, but I wouldn't mind a change on the tone and possible power gains too?

There are cheap and from a VE SS so should fit hey?

View attachment 252492
Those are HSV headers which is the same as you already have but those have had the cat section modified, probably hi flows so you‘d near enough be just replacing like for like

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Those are HSV headers which is the same as you already have but those have had the cat section modified, probably hi flows so you‘d near enough be just replacing like for like
OK so is there much to gain in another set other than tone, I guess you can change that right..

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
These are Walkinshaw and he's chasing $1000

Screenshot_20230528_192118_Facebook.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think $1000 is a lot for SH headers. I think mine might be Walkinshaw as I have a few Walkinshaw bits, IIRC I was told they were Walkinshaw by the seller. What is the new price of a set of Pacemakers? Don't believe the hype about Walkinshaw if that's the cards the seller is playing. They seem overpriced to me.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
OK so is there much to gain in another set other than tone, I guess you can change that right..
Wouldn’t think the tone would be any different given they are the same header that you already have, just a bit louder with the free flow cats

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Wouldn’t think the tone would be any different given they are the same header that you already have, just a bit louder with the free flow cats
So I'm reading here prob no real benefit from changing hey. I mean the car sounds great to me, and when I'm behind an outside lane hugger on the highway doing 5ks under the speed limit, I only have to switch from normal to sport mode and the gear drop is enough to wake em up... :D

I'll leave for now.

Thanks for the input guys... :)