Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust dumped at diff

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It will drive you insane. Underneath a ute, it amplifies the exhaust noise and echoes underneath the car so in the cabin it sounds awful. You certainly won't gain anything from doing it.

You'll certainly get the wrong kind if attention

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Went to the exhaust shop yesterday
Booked in for early next yr
From the cats back - 3" X-Pipe into Mufflers with 45 degree dumpers before diff
Stainless with polish finish $1000 fitted
You could have gone with just straight pipes from your cats to the rears with hotdogs that way when the 50 see your Ute. They wont question where your exhaust ends so much still will be loud and won't have that sound bouncing from the road under your Ute tray. But hey when you get this system post a vid up....

THUNDER89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Just from a personal experience and lads I meet in mackay who drive V8s complain about being hassled, I never said every single V8 driver in mackay...mind you there are a few lads here with ridiculous street cars haha

I'll for sure post a vid up, I can't see it being bad at all if it's done properly, definitely LOUD!

I bort the ute with the X-Force already on it and almost every holden has them these days
I just want something different from the rest and this is what I've chosen, of course i could have chosen something a lot more practical but I want this so I'll get it
Some people will hate it, some people will love it....oh well

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i dumped my Vk 308 at the diff and now im running my 454 impala dumped at the diff. there is one important thing to remember:

outside the cars sounds fkn violent, i love it, not too loud because it resonates in a ring around the car, and carries a sweet note... the downside:

its almost unbearable in the car. the car is the center of the resonating ring and its LOUD. but im half deaf anyway, so i dont care.

just my 2 cents. also its not legal, even slightly.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah your right on point there fellas, most cops are decent people, but still they can still be C**ts specially towards V8 drivers...well in mackay they are

A common complaint all over the country....The way they aren't ####s is not to draw attention to yourself....

The misses and I have relatives living in Mackay....I have driven up there many times over the years (last time was 2 years ago) in a V8 Valiant and the police looked at me and kept going...

THUNDER89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Fkn violent haha that'd have to be the best explanation I've herd sir
My ute gets driven 3-4 times a month
If I get hassled, I'll shut up and deal with it,
I'll turn heads for the right and wrong reasons
Thanks for the input fellas
Always good to get feedback on this site..good or bad

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Yeah your right on point there fellas, most cops are decent people, but still they can still be C**ts specially towards V8 drivers...well in mackay they are

Went to the exhaust shop yesterday
Booked in for early next yr
From the cats back - 3" X-Pipe into Mufflers with 45 degree dumpers before diff
Stainless with polish finish $1000 fitted

I drive a V8 and have never had any troubles with the cops. Of course my ute is all legal with a good sounding legal decibel exhaust and I don't drive like a ****wit, so maybe that's a factor.

THUNDER89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Never been hassled for driving like a ****wit, not even once! Not any complaints at all
Love my ute and drive it with good manners, a Blat here n there to blow the cob webs out, nothing stupid tho
Police pull me over to have a looksie
Some police appreciate a nice V8 ute,
Some police try to grill me for ridiculous things...
Exhaust is too thick
Engine covers aren't on
Tonneau cover isn't locked
Number plate has a scratch
Open can of redbull in the car
One officer even tried to flirt with my girlfriend when she was in the ute with me
Stuff like that is why I'm in 2 mind sets about the police
Some are very nice n respective
Some abuse there authority

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Never been hassled for driving like a ****wit, not even once! Not any complaints at all
Love my ute and drive it with good manners, a Blat here n there to blow the cob webs out, nothing stupid tho
Police pull me over to have a looksie
Some police appreciate a nice V8 ute,
Some police try to grill me for ridiculous things...
Exhaust is too thick
Engine covers aren't on
Tonneau cover isn't locked
Number plate has a scratch
Open can of redbull in the car
One officer even tried to flirt with my girlfriend when she was in the ute with me
Stuff like that is why I'm in 2 mind sets about the police
Some are very nice n respective
Some abuse there authority

So another reason.

Mackay is like any surburb....If you've given a copper any sort of grief, they tell the rest of the station....the rest of them pull you up, just to let you know they are watching you, so behave....