Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Enter factory Blaupunkt security code

royclark156

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy storm ute
hoping someone can help a exasperated kiwi
Just got a used 6 stacker blaupunkt factory radio from a wrecker it came with security code
When code 1 comes up the preselected station button doesn’t come up on screen when pushed
Have looked at some old threads and some say just push the corresponding number others say push number 1 button multiple times until the first number of code appears
Hopefully someone can tell me how to get something to appear on the code screen
Do I need to disconnect the battery to clear the old code before entering new code?

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
There are some threads on this already ...bottom line is if you dont have the correct pin code it wont function. There are kits you can get that enable a different car stereo to be fitted and there are wiring adapters that mean you wont have to hack into your wiring... (plug and play) .... some cars at the wreckers might already have some of the kit you need... Personally I think the factory stereos Gm Australia fitted were overrated...note that GM Cadillac fitted Bose but did the Statesmans , Senators or Calais get them...nope... Goodluck ....cracking the code...Im thinking its chip embedded .

Last edited:

royclark156

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy storm ute
There are some threads on this already ...bottom line is if you dont have the correct pin code it wont function. There are kits you can get that enable a different car stereo to be fitted and there are wiring adapters that mean you wont have to hack into your wiring... (plug and play) .... some cars at the wreckers might already have some of the kit you need... Personally I think the factory stereos Gm Australia fitted were overrated...note that GM Cadillac fitted Bose but did the Statesmans , Senators or Calais get them...nope... Goodluck ....cracking the code...Im thinking its chip embedded .
Thanks bluehighway
So which method should I use if code is 3651
Just hit button 3 then button 6 and so on
Or hit button 1 three times then code 2 six times and so on

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s a company, I think, that supplies the code, or a code that works. I read it in a thread a little while back. Those posting had success.

Yeah, go after market. Best thing I’ve done.

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I read it that the OP already has the radio/security code.

He is having problems on what buttons to push to enter the code he has.

Having the code 3651, does he push the number 3 for 3 or the number 1, 3 times for it to register the number 3 and so forth

That's how I read the post

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes, but there is a business that provides a code (from what I recall of the thread) that sorts it. I don’t think it was the actual security code. Just one that works. In this case OP might not have had the wreckers record the correct code.