Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Camshafts

L

littras

Hi i was wondering about changing the camshaft for the ecotec V6. does anyone know if it adds much more power and an companys that do them

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (littras @ Feb 15 2004, 04:13 PM) Hi i was wondering about changing the camshaft for the ecotec V6. does anyone know if it adds much more power and an companys that do them
Yes, when complimented with other work. and yes there are. I don't think the lobe sizes are able to be got, that you can for a pre ecotec motor. I don't see Crow mention a stage 3, also with that don't use STAGE as a guide, but its lift.

I would get springs, or find out how well your originals are and if they are with in tolerances for the lift of the cam you want. I would tried wade for a cam for an ecotec, NOT C.O.M.E, or Crow, unless your on the ball and know what lift you want etc.

I would think the best question for an uneducated, yet to be educated person is, do your want the car to be slightly sluggish below 2500 rpm and from there up it to haul ass, or the other way around. It would better help me atleast recommend a cam for your purposes.

B

blanch

As locksmiff says... when accompanied with other mods.

What have you done to your car so far? If you haven't done much, if anything, to it. Ring up a few places and find out what performance packages they do. Some of the other members might have changed the cam in there eco's. Ask them!
Good luck!

Terence

Reaction score
as locksmiff said, crow cams, do not do a stage 3 kit at this stage, they have a stage 2 kit which is worth $1,100. but that was a price i was quoted while shopping around. atm crow is working on a stage 3 kit.

G

Grantis1976

At the end of the day, its your money, BUT.... I suggest that you stick with one od the large companys like Crow Cams, or even C.O.M.E. Racing. You'll usualy find that the larger mobs sometimes also offer a warranty ( as long as not used in racing conditions etc ) . As the other guys said, you'll get f..k all gain if not using a package.
Finaly......take the cam suppliers advise- If you're going bigger, get replacment springs, guides etc. It may cost you afew extra bucks now, but its much cheaper than bouncing a valve off of a piston.!

Good Luck !!!