Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cadillac Blackwing is the VF Commodore reborn?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So is this what GM did with all the assembly tooling for the Commodore? The roofline, door shut lines and interior layout looks awfully similar to the VF Commodore. If so it’s nice to see our 400 million in taxpayers dollars went to good use!

https://www.caranddriver.com/cadillac/ct5-v-blackwing

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
The new C8 Corvette is repudiated to cost about $A150,000 and the Cadillac in V8 form will be quite a bit dearer than that.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The new C8 Corvette is repudiated to cost about $A150,000 and the Cadillac in V8 form will be quite a bit dearer than that.
Yet buyers will line up to get one of these pricy luxury power packs (that’s if they ever come down under). Oddly, these “buyers” will probably be the same people who bagged the VF as a bogan V8 cause it was much much cheaper and therefore must be inferior to the European brethren these people aspire to.... while secretly admiring the capability of the home grown machine... :p

Me, I’m boycotting anything gm cause I dislike shaftings :eek:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
It never ceases to amaze me how much we get ripped off here in Australia. I very much doubt the Blackwing would ever make its way here but you can guarantee if it did GM would convert USD to AUD then hit X2 on the calculator and that would be the sell price!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have said it many times and been shot at for it, that is the GM car we should have got as a ZB. Being given the ZB was a massive "Thanks for the free cash and by the way, Fk you" to Australia from GM.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

Watched this today. More white board.
He does love his whiteboards! Watching this video is what prompted me to start this thread. Looked at the car and could see the similarities to the VE/VF.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have said it many times and been shot at for it, that is the GM car we should have got as a ZB. Being given the ZB was a massive "Thanks for the free cash and by the way, Fk you" to Australia from GM.
Here here. It definitely should have been the next Commodore but apparently GM are too retarded to make cars with the steering wheel on the opposite side. Only small manufacturers like Holden were smart enough to do that!

I‘ve said it once and I’ll say it again GM management are full retard. If they wanted to cut costs I don’t know why they didn’t just rationalise back to using only their US models but tool all the factories up to make the US models in right hand drive as well. That way they achieve economies of scale with the US market and don’t have to make new models from scratch for overseas markets. They also have the added benefit (for them anyway) of supporting/increasing US jobs.

GM giving a big **** you to the right hand drive market almost certainly means they can never enter it again even if they wanted to as everyone in RHD markets will remember that GM gave them the middle finger. Not “rationalise”, “consolidate” or “cut costs”, just **** you we are out!