Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody crows eating my redline ute!

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Windscreen side moulds just clip in place start from top with a flat head screwdriver to lift it up and it will pull away with ease. The whole cowl panel will need to be replaced to fix that part but is simple to do. The side windows on the o
Cheers mate, was hoping it was something like that and the glass didn't need removing.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
I presume it's sitting out in the open if the crows are eating your body rubbers
Repco do ute specific covers nowadays that are designed for outdoor use
https://www.repco.com.au/en/seat-co...heavy-duty-outdoor-ute-cover-large/p/A5466131
It sits under a carport with 2 other victims, I mean vehicles. I was thinking about a cover but worried about paint damage/scratching with dirt and dust getting under it and wind flapping it. Might have to suss their heavy duty cover, see how secure it is.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a snapping,
As a crow came gently ripping, tearing at my Commodore!
“’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “ripping at my Commodore!
Only this and (hopefully) nothing more...”
(with apologies to Edgar Allan Poe!)

This horrid problem is more prevalent over in New Zealand where the mischievous Kea parrot just loves to chew windscreen wipers, window rubbers, antennas and even the rubber caps on tyre tubes!! Your post is the first I have ever heard of rubber being attacked here in Australia by birds. Darn. Stone the bloody crows!
It's a pain in the @$$, hopefully can find a fix for them.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Ben looking at replacing my chrome ones with black ones but couldn't find many places that sell top and bottom trim for both sides. Plenty of just left or just right just top just bottom.
JHP were selling top and bottom both sides but wanted almost $600, bit steep for me so I'll check with Holden soon and see what they can do.
The ones I've seen online though don't seem to show the bottom sections with the rubber so i don't know if they actually come attached or if you have to remove from the old trim?
I'm not sure, I'll be hitting up holden about the bits I need, hopefully not too expensive.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Move away from Adelaide and find another football team! LOL
Haha, I've kept numerous vehicles up here on rotation over the last 5yrs and never had a problem till now. I'm a bombers supporter

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Do you have a shooters license?
Yes, he lives on a bit on acerage in the adelaide hills, might be time for some target practice with the .177 air rifle or .22 rimfire.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Yes, he lives on a bit on acerage in the adelaide hills, might be time for some target practice with the .177 air rifle or .22 rimfire.

F#ck the target calibres............Speaking from personal experience, go full tactical and give them a touch up with a 12 gauge
#4 shot did the job for us on the old mans property when they became problematic and needed an attitude adjustment
Once you've nailed a couple of their mates in flight over the property, the others catch on rather quickly and give the property a wide birth