Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bad alloytec rattle only at 3000rpm+

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Don't you work in a garage? Why not slip it on the hoist and get the boss to give his opinion?
We never really have time because we’re always super busy, Friday arvo I might be able to maybe. Just trying to get as many opionions as I can before I start buying all these parts

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Just trying to get as many opionions as I can before I start buying all these parts
So, you get, we'll say 10 different opinions, with 10 different parts, none of them cheap.
Will you go an buy all the 10 parts, then after installing the 1st one, no, it wasn't that install each part till you reach part 10, then you think f#ck it wasn't that either! Well back to the parts cannon, or you can ask the boss?

Or have have you already burnt that path, & he just tells you to f#ck off? :D

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
So, you get, we'll say 10 different opinions, with 10 different parts, none of them cheap.
Will you go an buy all the 10 parts, then after installing the 1st one, no, it wasn't that install each part till you reach part 10, then you think f#ck it wasn't that either! Well back to the parts cannon, or you can ask the boss?

Or have have you already burnt that path, & he just tells you to f#ck off? :D
Nah I’m not gonna do what everyone says but at least it gives me a starting point, because right now I think it’s a blown cat because its at the exhaust, just trying to see what other people think. And no I don’t really ask him at all because I don’t want to bother him, that’s why I come on here, but I’m sure he’s happy to help he’s just always busy

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Then ask him! He is there with the car, we can only go on what you tell us, & our crystal ball? :D
I will when he isn’t busy. but that’s why i put a video up so it helps a little bit more, just looking for opinions on what it is bro that’s all.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best advice I can give you, buy nothing until it's properly diagnosed.

Also replace those buggered bits in the engine bay that you know are shot before worrying about other stuff. That should keep you busy for a few hours.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I will when he isn’t busy. but that’s why i put a video up so it helps a little bit more, just looking for opinions on what it is bro that’s all.
I've got a ball of string here, l'll post a video of it, can you tell me how long it is please. ;)

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Best advice I can give you, buy nothing until it's properly diagnosed.

Also replace those buggered bits in the engine bay that you know are shot before worrying about other stuff. That should keep you busy for a few hours.
Yeah 100% bro that’s why I’m tryna see what people reckon it could be, I’m not gonna replace it if someone says it’s something else it just gives me an idea, but yeah I’ll get some new 02 sensors and evap solenoid and maybe hoses too because there cracked a fair bit

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
I've got a ball of string here, l'll post a video of it, can you tell me how long it is please. ;)
I’m not asking for an answer of what it is for sure, just an idea of what you think it could be, and if it sounds like a blown cat.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pull the cat off and have a look at it. You will soon know if it's buggered.