Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto WM S2 Caprice V shifts early all the time.

Jumainesewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM S2 Caprice V
I recently bought a 2012 WM Caprice V, I’ve noticed that it doesn’t hold gear and shifts just before 5k rpm, it’s especially noticeable when doing a 0-100 and launching the car from a stand still, it does this in both “drive” and “sport” mode. Sport mode also seems to not change anything, when I floor it at any speed in drive and sport it will downshift to the same gear and doesn’t do anything noticeabley different such as hold rpm longer. This is weird because if I use manual mode I am able to hold rpm longer and shift at normal redline around 6k rpm, just annoying because I want to be able to hold gears in sport or drive in occasion too, if anyone has experienced something similar or has any idea what the issue may be let me know.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I recently bought a 2012 WM Caprice V, I’ve noticed that it doesn’t hold gear and shifts just before 5k rpm, it’s especially noticeable when doing a 0-100 and launching the car from a stand still, it does this in both “drive” and “sport” mode. Sport mode also seems to not change anything, when I floor it at any speed in drive and sport it will downshift to the same gear and doesn’t do anything noticeabley different such as hold rpm longer. This is weird because if I use manual mode I am able to hold rpm longer and shift at normal redline around 6k rpm, just annoying because I want to be able to hold gears in sport or drive in occasion too, if anyone has experienced something similar or has any idea what the issue may be let me know.
Which engine?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
is the speed reading correct ? anything changed like diff ?

Jumainesewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM S2 Caprice V
Almost positive everything is standard except for full system exhaust, I think diff is standard, it doesn’t reach 100kmh in second though which seems a bit weird compared to other videos I’ve seen

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Might be from the trans has learnt the person's driving style. So I'd disconnect the battery for 10 mins and see what it does afterwards as it would reset the ecu

Jumainesewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM S2 Caprice V
Might be from the trans has learnt the person's driving style. So I'd disconnect the battery for 10 mins and see what it does afterwards as it would reset the ecu
I'll give that a go and see if it fixes the issue, cheers.