Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anybody with a Tech 2 in Geelong area.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi everyone
As title states, after somebody with a tech 2 to reprogram my cluster (l think).
I have v6 auto vt exec s1. with s2 Calais cluster.
Was getting airbag light on. Had that cleared with a scanner. Hasn't come back on.
I found in cluster, errors t 10 hc (no serial data from ecc), t 17 hc (bcm fault logged), t 24 hc (ee checksum failure).
I assume ecc is electronic climate control. Since l don't have climate control, l'm assuming that is my problem.
Guy who l bought cluster of was mechanic. He reprogrammed cluster with correct amount of air bags. (I bought Calais cluster Dec. 2013).
Last year l installed power windows, while testing p/w without having seats in (had to install wiring,no pretensioners connected). Had airbag light come on. Just got it cleared. (Was there for over 12 mths).
Would like to find & fix the problems with the cluster errors.
If anybody with tech 2 in Geelong area could assit me, please pm me with their details (approximate price ph. no.).
Thanks Lex

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Maybe you could buy or make an ALDL cable to hook your laptop up to the car and make changes that way. I think you can use tunerpro to make some of those changes, although I'm not sure to what extent.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi EYY
I have an ALDL cable & Tuner pro. Bought August last year used of a JC member. Can't seem to get it to work. Possibly me. I think it was only the the ALDL plug that l bought. I found a spare printer usb cable from home. Not sure, but think it needs to be special cable?
I don't think aldl & tuner pro are capable of cluster programming?
I've added a couple photos of aldl plug.
Hope this helps you to help me.
Thanks Lex

Attachments

• 20150522_164544[1].jpg
    20150522_164544[1].jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20150522_164557[1].jpg
    20150522_164557[1].jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 91

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I briefly looked into buying one when I had a problem with an airbag light, but ended up seeing an auto elec instead. I haven't played with one myself so I'm not entirely sure what the limitations in terms of making changes are with an ALDL cable. I'm sure somebody else will be able to give you a better idea of why yours doesn't work though.

Sorry I can't be of more help

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi EYY
Thanks for your comments.
I was looking at the cluster errors again today, t 17 Hc bcm fault logged has cleared itself.
So l've only 2 more errors to fix.
Anybody know what t 10 hc no data from ecc & t 24 hc ee checksum failure mean?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Lex