Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ADVENTRA LOW ON 22s(Heads and Cam done!)

brenten88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Adventra LX8
Hey Fellas just thought i might post my car up here for all to see....tell me what you think

Name: Brenten

Model: 2004 VY series2 Holden Adventra

Colour: Shanghai Red

Bodykit: Adventra kit

Engine Type: LS6 with LS1 heads

Engine Mods: Custom Electronic Automotive dyno tune, DuSpeed OTR, MACE 80mmT/B,MACE 1.9 Ratio Rockers, Oil Catch Can, 918 Valve Springs, Ported Intake Manifold, Good set of ported 241 heads (with 10.55:1 comp,3 angle valve grind,New valve stem seals) Heavy duty pushrods, 25% UD pulley, 160F thermostat, Double row timing chain, 98RON all the time.

Exhaust: Hurricane 1 5/8pri 2 1/2sec TRY Y's(HPC) and 2 1/2 cat sections Hi-Flow Cats(stainless Steel/Race style), PEX twin 2 1/2" Cat Back centre Hot Dogs and rear ressy with twin 3inch stainless tips

Gearbox: 4-spd auto 4L60E with a Large Transmission Cooler

Diff: std. 3.46 front and rear, center 38/68 Split

Brakes: std. do the job

Suspension: King Spring Adventra Lowered springs , genuine Holden Strut brace.

Wheels/Tyres: Advanti Tourers 22x8.5inch Front
22x10inch Rear
Nexen tyres all round

Interior: Factory fit option Ocher Leather, SS pedals, SS door vents, replaced adventra binnacle with a vauxhaul monaro Binnacle(oil pressure, Volts), ASR Audio Interior and dash lighting scheme changed to blue and white, HSV startup screen

Other Mods: Battery Re-Location, WK Statesman side indicators Xenon Headlights, PCM Relocation into cabin, replace (oil, radiator, and power steering Caps), Auto Window up Module, new premium Bosch wiper arms, Hot earth install.

Stereo: Clarion Double Din Head Unit, with IPOD cable, I have also replaced the splits and the rear door speakers with alpine type R speakers, Dual 12inch Rockford Fosgate P2 Punch subs in custom sealed enclosure.

Build Period: on-going.

Cost: car cost 18.6K sep 08

Current Max Power: 232.3AwKw

Current Best 1/4mile time: yet to find out

Contacts: Steve Mace Engineering

Future Plans
*Interior: not to much at the moment.... would love to get the front seats re done, would love to go a HSV seat setup possibly Coulsons
*Exterior: Little bits and pieces, give it a tidy up on the outside(might respray aluminium highlights bright silver, because they are discolouring), re-powder coat the roof racks.
*Performance: Re-Build Auto, Finish Dual 3inch exhaust, LILPG and probably a re-tune to suite exhaust and LILPG
DSCF2605.jpg

DSCF2606.jpg

DSCF2607.jpg

DSCF2609.jpg

DSCF2610.jpg

DSCF1961Small.jpg

DSCF1951Small.jpg

DSCF2728Small.jpg

DSC00094Small.jpg

dynorunheadsandcam.jpg

YouTube - brentenmorrison's Channel

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Rims wouldn't be my first choice. Love the car tho :)

brenten88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Adventra LX8
thanks guys :) i will try and get some more photos up soon.....

elusive1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagz
very nice, i really like the interior of these, nice wheels aswell!

brenten88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Adventra LX8
Hey Fellas been a while since i have posted on here properly,

I am getting my roof Racks powder coated, ever since i have had the car the racks have been bubleing under the paint so they are getting sand blasted, acid bathed and then powder coated dulux flat black......

and I have pritty much finished with tidying up my engine bay put the last of my bling items in so now its got nice shiny bits everywhere, i might try giving the paint a polish but thats about it......

here are a couple of photos of my engine bay now......

DSCF3011.jpg

DSCF3012.jpg

DSCF3013.jpg

pictures of roof racks to come once i get them back on....