Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE dash fault auto braking fault

ve2low

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 clubsport
Hi all i habe a 2007 ve r8 clubsport now i have this auto braking fault showing up on my dash i have been trying to find info on what this could be i have used mulitable scanners and still no luck on finding the cause I am leaning towards faulty abs module or faulty pump when the car is started the brake does feel harder then usual almost like the car is off

Attachments

• 20240418_160501.jpg
    20240418_160501.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 31

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You won’t find faults with scanners.
They are only one tool used to investigate.

If any investigation is done, it’s done with high end, bidirectional scan tools.

Sensors, voltages and module signals are checked with oscilloscopes to gather diagnostic data.

Anything less is guessing and loading the parts canon to explore solutions. Ammo for parts canons is expensive and rarely hits the target.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A basic fundamental check to be done is verifying battery health, battery voltage, and charge circuit function. Checked and verified with data, not guesses.

As a VE owner, one of the best basic tools anyone should own is a battery tester which does all those things in just a few simple functions. Century do a Bluetooth one that is permanently connected up, or Topdon do some of the best portable ones. $50 is about their cost. Can pay for themselves with one go depending on what’s going on. VE is sensitive to battery voltage, seemingly more than previous models and VF.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You might have a problem with your power brake booster. If you have your foot on the brake pedal when the car is started first thing in the morning you should feel the pedal go down a little, otherwise you have a faulty booster.

ve2low

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 clubsport
You might have a problem with your power brake booster. If you have your foot on the brake pedal when the car is started first thing in the morning you should feel the pedal go down a little, otherwise you have a faulty booster.
I thought that to when i hold the brake in and start the car it should go down a little from the help of the vacuum the booster provides. I have takin this booster out of another clubsport that ran and drove great and only had 40,000ks and there where no brake issues

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I think you missed the otherwise in the above sentence.