Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 VS SIII S 5.0 Ute

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Thanks mate! Like I said it's not perfect but it's much better than 90% out there. I have an entire dropbox folder with a heap of pics and a vid over the last couple of years if they are interested.
As soon as I hear back from him I'll let you know,as I've seen how well it's been loved it always catches my eye!!, they are the good ones to buy so much easier to keep them in condition when well looked after

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Wish I had the coin. I wouldn't hesitate in buying it. And It would be a great drive from FNQ to Syd.
All the best.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Its definitely alot better than many that are out there for sure.

Hopefully it all works out for you.
The arm is being twisted that's for sure.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Which part of the small island are you moving to?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
… I'm going to sell it... and moving down to Tassie…
From what Losh has said, wouldn’t you ge5t a better price selling the Ute in Tassie?

Whatever you do, good luck with your endeavours :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
nextdoor to you so they can complain about the dog barking & the smoke from the pizza oven :D
That's alright I'll set my balaklava wearing, knife wielding mate on to him.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
From what Losh has said, wouldn’t you ge5t a better price selling the Ute in Tassie?

12-18 months ago yes. But things have gone bad down here and people are really struggling financially. I would think the OP would get a better price in his own state now. V8s are not selling for what they were. Plus anything that's considered a non-necessity is really not selling. People really feeling the pinch ATM.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
As soon as I hear back from him I'll let you know,as I've seen how well it's been loved it always catches my eye!!, they are the good ones to buy so much easier to keep them in condition when well looked after
Cheers mate! Like every old car there will be issues in the future but I totally agree, I have spent heaps of time and money staying on top of most things.
Wish I had the coin. I wouldn't hesitate in buying it. And It would be a great drive from FNQ to Syd.
All the best.
Haha hit up the bank ;) Yeah since I put the new shocks and spring insulators in the rear last week it actually drives like a treat. That 800km cruise I did to northern nats was really fun even with half crapped out shocks in the ass.

Which part of the small island are you moving to?
Haha was actually going to mention you earlier cause I'm heading to Launceston :D

I have thought of it. I'm going to list it up here and not budge at the price as there may be someone in Townsville/Cairns who's interested. There certainly isn't any other clean 5.0l up here that I've seen in the last 7 years so it could go. If not work will transport it for free to Tassie and I have it booked in to move so we'll see what comes first. I'd hope someone in a 500,000 population would pay a premium down there to save a mainland/ferry trip. Same up here.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
12-18 months ago yes. But things have gone bad down here and people are really struggling financially. I would think the OP would get a better price in his own state now. V8s are not selling for what they were. Plus anything that's considered a non-necessity is really not selling. People really feeling the pinch ATM.
Yeah I totally agree. I've been watching the market crash so bad in the past 6 months. No offence to anyone because I own this also but most average bogans types like us who love these cars currently have stuff all money :D
There's the odd wog who has cash to splash but most people with money aren't buying Commodores.
Anyone with a new house mortgage like myself can't even afford the rego. I mean my 12 month rego cost was $1281 ffs! Not to mention insurance and fuel to drive it but that's another rant.