Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

15" wheels on VF

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
Roll Racing traction - I'm looking at fitting 15" rears on my VF wagon & understand that there are some issues - Potentially size of rear brake kits and fouling the control arms. Has anyone done this and can share their journey?

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I have a feeling I have seen 15” conversion kits on the interwebs somewhere.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
There was a thread somewhere that went into detail on various wheel sizes that fit our VF’s. If I’m not mistaken there were also pics of 15” wheels (for the rears) attached to one of the posts.

And there were also reference to 18”, maybe even 17” wheels that fit over the front Brembos :p

Just have to find that thread :oops:

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
Wow - thanks for all that detail / research. It is really helpful as I'm trying to get a handle on what the changes are and what alternatives there are. While it seems reasonably straight forward, my gut tells me it will not be so & the $'s will mount up. However, we need to address traction issues and I'm convinced that this is the right path. Really appreciate the depth of information you provided !!

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
I have a feeling I have seen 15” conversion kits on the interwebs somewhere.
Thanks - I've been looking and asking around. Trying to locate people who have done this or know of a shop that has done it.
Made a few inroads and I'll see what I can find @ the next Adelaide Roll Racing as I see a few cars running 15's and generally people will help out with information

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you’re racing a roll, where does the VF come into it?

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
If you’re racing a roll, where does the VF come into it?
Ha, ha - 1 st time out with a brand new engine, supercharger, gearbox & tail-shaft - reckon I'll be on a roll ! (or picking up pieces )

thomomatt00

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss s2
currently going through this as we speak. bought the BMR 15" Carlyle conversion kit from America. ends up pricey by the time it gets here with the conversation rate, postage and then import tax. never the less though put the car on the hoist on the weekend. fit the new arms (super easy and straight forward). however you will need aftermarket sway bar links as the genuine ones have a different angle and wont line up (this isn't mentioned in their product description).

however went to fit the brakes. caliper bolts on fine. rotor fits fine. until you fit them together. the supplied rotor is too big for the caliper and unusable. have contacted BMR and awaiting a response. seems the incorrect rotors were supplied into the kit. the rotors are 315mm (12.4") however willwood website says largest diameter rotor for the supplied calipers is (12")

hoping it is a quick fix and rectification. BMR have been really helpful and efficient. its going through the customs process that is an absolute nightmare once it hits australian shores

Last edited:

598rwhp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 V8 Calais V wagon
Phew - what a journey. Really appreciate your notes as this was the exact path I was going to take if nothing else came up locally. If you don't mind doing an update once it is sorted and let me know the sway bar links you chose, that would be a tremendous help ! Too much in the dark at the moment, but need a solution as the existing 18's are not giving anywhere near enough grip.
Thanks, Tony