Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I am looking out the study window, and it looks like a lovely day. I am wrapped in layers staring at spreadsheets trying not to cough because it makes my shoulder hurt.

**** I feel old.
My wife has shingles and a cough at the moment. She's been like this since the middle of our holiday in Tasmania which was about four weeks ago now. She won't go to the doctor though.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
My wife has shingles and a cough at the moment. She's been like this since the middle of our holiday in Tasmania which was about four weeks ago now. She won't go to the doctor though.

Keep an eye on yourself. Shingles has a 2~3 week incubation period so keep an eye out for symptoms and get the antivirals as soon as possible. I’m not sure if the shingles vaccine will help if you have already been exposed? Maybe visit your doctor, and hit up Google?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Keep an eye on yourself. Shingles has a 2~3 week incubation period so keep an eye out for symptoms and get the antivirals as soon as possible. I’m not sure if the shingles vaccine will help if you have already been exposed? Maybe visit your doctor, and hit up Google?
My wife hasn't been to the doctors since I can't remember when. She has kept herself confined for the last couple of weeks since she got the shingles symptoms, which were diagnosed by me.:)

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
my parcel arrived in the mail, from China, 1 week before it was scheduled. try to use Australia post whenever possible

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
have you had chickenpox in the past? i was vaccinated against it, however people that have never caught the virus are at risk of coming down with a chickenpox infection from exposure to shingles

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
My wife hasn't been to the doctors since I can't remember when. She has kept herself confined for the last couple of weeks since she got the shingles symptoms, which were diagnosed by me.:)
My wife has recently had shingles. The doctor gave her pain killers and antibiotics. The scabs healed reasonably quickly but the pain lasted for 6 weeks. Condolences to your wife.

As oldbomb has said chicken pox and shingles are from the same family.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

Don‘t mess with shingles. Many years ago I had some sort of strange sore just above my hairline. Then a sore appeared on my forehead. I went to see my doctor but ended up seeing a student doctor (as my doctor’s practice was a teaching practice). He had no idea what I had but got a scalpel and took a sample of the sore to send to pathology. I can’t recall what happened exactly (it was a while ago) but I ended up going back to the doctor - and saw the same student again! He was out of his depth, but to his credit he knew that. So he said he’d get someone else to check. Off he went and he came back with my regular doctor. My regular GP took one look at me and said ‘he has shingles’. He then pointed out the signs - the sores were only on one side of my face, and they followed the lines of the nerves. It then got a bit frightening. We had already lost time so the antivirals would be touch and go, and it was getting close to my eye. There was some concern that I could lose sight in one eye. It all came good in the end, but I still have the scars to show.

I appreciate your wife is happy to soldier on without medical assistance, and that’s her choice. Personally, if I were you (and knowing what I now know), I’d be going to my gp and seek their guidance. Most of the time shingles will resolve itself without any lasting impacts, but sometimes it can go really bad.

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Don‘t mess with shingles. Many years ago I had some sort of strange sore just above my hairline. Then a sore appeared on my forehead. I went to see my doctor but ended up seeing a student doctor (as my doctor’s practice was a teaching practice). He had no idea what I had but got a scalpel and took a sample of the sore to send to pathology. I can’t recall what happened exactly (it was a while ago) but I ended up going back to the doctor - and saw the same student again! He was out of his depth, but to his credit he knew that. So he said he’d get someone else to check. Off he went and he came back with my regular doctor. My regular GP took one look at me and said ‘he has got shingles’. He then pointed out the signs - the sores were only on one side of my face, and they followed the lines of the nerves. It then got a bit frightening. We had already lost time so the antivirals would be touch and go, and it was getting close to my eye. There was some concern that I could lose sight in one eye. It all came good in the end, but I still have the scars to show.

I appreciate your wife is happy to soldier on without medical assistance, and that’s her choice. Personally, if I were you (and knowing what I now know), I’d be going to my gp and seek their guidance. Most of the time shingles will resolve itself without any lasting impacts, but sometimes it can go really bad.
Yeah, I got shingles when I was about 36. It wasn't a real bad case, but still. My daughter’s boyfriend was telling me he had shingles which left scars above his eye. My wife’s rash is not so bad, but it is still irritating.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6