Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Cooking Thread

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Wow, that's......errrr.......different ^^^^ Can't say i could imagine how that tastes!

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
If you need flavour on the cheap and there's only three things left in the cupboard my best invention is White Rice + margarine + vegemite = win
There'd certainly be some flavour. Don't think it'd be the good kind though lol.

Vegemite on toast is a good enough vomit-inducing agent, let alone in rice.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Anyone that doesn't like/eat vegemite cannot claim to be a true blue Aussie! :p

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
If we didnt have a sence on taste we wouldnt know how good it is.

Vegmite is goood, especially when u see sumone eat it on toast for the first time, packin it on like its jam hahaha, then u see there face go all weird n stuff

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
My Nanna spread it onto bread when she first had it having just migrated from Denmark thinking it was chocolate spread.

She was visiting someone and back then it would have been impolite to put it down and say it was disgusting. To this day, that was the first and last time she ate it.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
If we didnt have a sence on taste we wouldnt know how good it is.

Vegmite is goood, especially when u see sumone eat it on toast for the first time, packin it on like its jam hahaha, then u see there face go all weird n stuff

Thats reminds me of a story. My OT (occuptional Therapist), was from India and hadn't long migrated here, vegemite came up in conversation, and she said she tryed it to try and be "aussie" but doesnt know how any of us can eat it. Then I said, hang on, how did you eat it?
"I got a table spoon and ate it", we couldnt stop laughing even the Asian OT that over heard the convo was laughing at her. By the sounds of it, it was a heaped table spoon of vegemite in one go, she had no idea it was a "spread"

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I've been making some pretty sweet home made pizzas lately with Pepperoni, Chorizo, Mozzarella, Home made tomato sauce, home made base, and sometimes a bit of mushroom. Never buying premade bases again.

i just started doing that too hey, it dosent take long and you can put as much stuff on it as you want no skimping on toppings

i made a seafood one for the first time on the weekend :yeah: