Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
@HSV-Paul , if you do remove the rear seal plate, have a look and see if you can see any cam identification numbers on the rear of the cam shaft. You’ll probably be able to work out if the cam is OEM or if the car has been cammed.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Thanks but this worked a treat...

Screenshot_20240418_191006_Gallery.jpg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks but this worked a treat...

View attachment 266875
Needs to be as low, so tranny can go under the car. Once under the car, it needs to raised, to line up with the engine.

The way you've got it, is going to be real bitch, wrestling the tranny to get boards under it. Then once you've got one under it, then repeat, repeat, repeat & so on, until you've got the right height.

Good luck! You really gonna need it!
Hope it falls into place for you!

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
New seal in place. Yep going totally against the grain of what pretty much everyone said, I popped the old one out with a screwdriver. Pretty much fell out, and new one in and tapped home using the old one as a tool to protect it. It's home all the way round and even. Especially now I know I might've seen a cam number I'd of got the complete kit and swapped, but all my bolts arrived today and I was keen to try out my frame to see how it lined up and I got carried away...

Screenshot_20240418_191232_Gallery.jpg

Transmission back in its place. Had TC pushed totally home and on my trolly I had the TM lined up perfect with the engine. No pulling together with bolts, just did em all up good and tight.

Screenshot_20240418_191423_Gallery.jpg

And all 3 flex plate bolts over 55nm tight and red locking glue.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Needs to be as low, so tranny can go under the car. Once under the car, it needs to raised, to line up with the engine.

The way you've got it, is going to be real bitch, wrestling the tranny to get boards under it. Then once you've got one under it, then repeat, repeat, repeat & so on, until you've got the right height.

Good luck! You really gonna need it!
Hope it falls into place for you!
One use hopefully altho won't throw it..

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
New seal in place. Yep going totally against the grain of what pretty much everyone said, I popped the old one out with a screwdriver. Pretty much fell out, and new one in and tapped home using the old one as a tool to protect it. It's home all the way round and even. Especially now I know I might've seen a cam number I'd of got the complete kit and swapped, but all my bolts arrived today and I was keen to try out my frame to see how it lined up and I got carried away...

View attachment 266876

Transmission back in its place. Had TC pushed totally home and on my trolly I had the TM lined up perfect with the engine. No pulling together with bolts, just did em all up good and tight.

View attachment 266877

And all 3 flex plate bolts over 55nm tight and red locking glue.
Very good. Glad it came together.
Have you read how to get the trans fluid level to the correct level, between 30 - 50 degrees?

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Got the driveshaft on but tbh for all I know it's the wrong way round as didn't pay too much attention pulling it off. 750mm from end to centre bracket both ways so put it up and just see which way felt / looked right.

I'm sure someone is gonna just on this if wrong lol

This is facing the rear...

Screenshot_20240418_193231_Gallery.jpg

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Very good. Glad it came together.
Have you read how to get the trans fluid level to the correct level, between 30 - 50 degrees?
Was my next question as I drained it but thought uncle google will know...