Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key Fob/Dashcam

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
The issue is before I even get into the car. The distance from the car with opening and unlocking and remote starting has been reduced. Un plugged the rear camera and all back to normal
depending on how you have the camera wired it can still be operational while you are not in the vehicle.
i use blackvue cameras and the rear cam wire is always run through the roof lining from the front to the rear and i have never experienced this issue over about 15 vehicles.

if you unplug the rear camera and it stops then the camera must be operational while you are not in the vehicle because the wire is still there so its not going to be a coil effect or wire placement unless something is being sent over the wire.
it has to be something the camera is generating which makes me wonder if they are using some form of sync or remote switching that uses the 433mhz band between the two cameras.

looking at the product page they have a hardwire kit, are you using that?

Last edited:

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 BLACK PACK VFII MY16
depending on how you have the camera wired it can still be operational while you are not in the vehicle.
i use blackvue cameras and the rear cam wire is always run through the roof lining from the front to the rear and i have never experienced this issue over about 15 vehicles.

if you unplug the rear camera and it stops then the camera must be operational while you are not in the vehicle because the wire is still there so its not going to be a coil effect or wire placement unless something is being sent over the wire.
it has to be something the camera is generating which makes me wonder if they are using some form of sync or remote switching that uses the 433mhz band between the two cameras.

looking at the product page they have a hardwire kit, are you using that?
Yeah. Its hardwired into the doc connector behind the glove box and it is operational while not in the car.

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
I ran the Rear DC cable down the LH centre of headliner also,
But kept to the passengers side the best I could,

As the RX in the Wagons are in the roof lining at the back, well they are in the VE's.
I have a few of the OEM DOC harness for that such option/project, Plug and play for Series 2's
so you don't need to modify any part of the loom, just plug it in, and connect the Dash Cam, CB, other low current devices.

PS: I coiled the Excess beside the Map Reading light on the passenger's side.
Will try coiling it up where you suggested. I have a week off soon so at least now I know there is a problem and can try and sort it out while everything is apart.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yeah. Its hardwired into the doc connector behind the glove box and it is operational while not in the car.
so the camera is generating the interference while it is in parking mode.
hopefully moving the cable fixes it

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Will try coiling it up where you suggested. I have a week off soon so at least now I know there is a problem and can try and sort it out while everything is apart.
I removed the overhead light/map light/glasses unit, give you plenty of room to work with in the head lining
then ran mine from back to front with a yellow flooring togue.
Thats how I was able to coil it up neatly to one side.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I have the a129 pro with front and rear. no difference in range. I do not use the wifi feature.

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
I removed the overhead light/map light/glasses unit, give you plenty of room to work with in the head lining
then ran mine from back to front with a yellow flooring togue.
Thats how I was able to coil it up neatly to one side.
Done the same with everything except went from front to back

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haven't tackled it yet. Probably Wednesday should only take half an hour to pull the loop from from the back. The hardest part was getting it through the tailgate when I first installed it the rest was quite easy