Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows slider swap without breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It's the popping them in, pressing them onto the ball studs. I've used 3 different brands now and none seem any better. Get one or two go on perfect and another will crack twice going on, before get one to go on right. But chances are 2 weeks later the glass vibrates when down a touch and find when door trim pulled that one guide has split again. It has been good for 6 months but now vibrating again when down a touch which usually says one has cracked again. I did several of these on previous VP and VS models, can't recall any dramas or breaking any until this VZ.
Take a read of this, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...kWRK1007x3-a&usg=AOvVaw2iFblMKAqFe1lQpUYhSQim

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I've tried them as well. Ball studs are the same as in car. Not sure anyone would ever swap the studs. The regulator requires removal to do so in which case you'd replace it. I guess I'll try again. Time consuming and expensive.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Go to Holden and buy ones for your Model they must be a little bigger balls to keep breaking. Give them the vin number so they do give you the correct ones.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
must be, like it's even possible. Now you understand my frustration. I even have NOS and Kelpro new regulators here for a second car. There's no getting them wrong at all.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
What lubrication did you put on them?

And are you doing the adjustment procedure of the regulator, the guide rails and glass after replacing the regulator?

I'd say no, and this is why they're always cracking and breaking.

Last edited:

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
No, you didn't read my post. They crack and split usually during install. Other cars with same parts, no problems. I didn't replace regulator or glass etc, that would be even more dramas with same result.
So what was your magical install method of adding the sliders that simply worked? I didn't even need to try other methods on my VX, VP and VS with slider replacements, but this one is being a bitch.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Lets see some photos, might be able to shine some light on your situation. Nice close ups of regulator, regulator ball ends and the three different brands of sliders.

Status
Not open for further replies.