Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WK Statesman 5.7 ltr need ECU programmed.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
is the IAC identical to OE ? i know of some that look identical but just the contact area of the pintle (guessing what its called) can be slightly different diameter or angle of change, can u see IAC counts with a scan tool to see what range its in ? is TB clean or dirty ? if its got buildup it can over time cause the IAC counts to increase until it runs out of scope then it cant add air anymore which would affect it more cold

Reactions: Lex

HMASWKLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Statesman LS1 V8
the IAC is the original. i swapped it a while ago with an aftermarket one then it threw a low idle code so i put the original back in. and i cleaned the throttle body 2 weeks ago when i put the replacement ECU in as it had a bunch of carbon build up on it.
is the IAC identical to OE ? i know of some that look identical but just the contact area of the pintle (guessing what its called) can be slightly different diameter or angle of change, can u see IAC counts with a scan tool to see what range its in ? is TB clean or dirty ? if its got buildup it can over time cause the IAC counts to increase until it runs out of scope then it cant add air anymore which would affect it more cold

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
something to try, is it any better if u hold throttle barely like 1% more throttle and hold it there for the cold start let the iac do the rest ? this should act like the blade is allowing in a smidge more air in and should allow the iac to work better might show if its out of range or not

HMASWKLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Statesman LS1 V8
something to try, is it any better if u hold throttle barely like 1% more throttle and hold it there for the cold start let the iac do the rest ? this should act like the blade is allowing in a smidge more air in and should allow the iac to work better might show if its out of range or not
ill try it. i just did an idle relearn on it and followed the factory manual procedure on how to do it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ill try it. i just did an idle relearn on it and followed the factory manual procedure on how to do it.
see if its any better after the relearn, if not then try my thing, also is the IAC airflow port clean and not gummed up inside ?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
something to try, is it any better if u hold throttle barely like 1% more throttle and hold it there for the cold start l
Yes tried this on cold morning starts, Played with the peddle, Some day it was ok but played up on others. For me the car has a few problems not just one.
Yes he got the Factory manual, time to read, read, I wish I can read with issue I have in my Satellite System.

Reactions: Lex

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
If injectors are aftermarket, refitting OEM injectors is your first step.
Yes I have heard a few complain about injectors that are not Genuine. most people cant afford Genuine. No doubt you can get Genuine from the US. I had trouble to get Genuine Oxygen sensor for the 6 ltr WN Caprice about 2 years ago. I was told they were the Last that Holden had in stock