Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes, I definitely hate you!
Thanks! :cool:

Greased up the threads on the jackscrews and installed them in the base.
Found my elcheapo spirit level and basically had it sorta level in the X and Y axis in 10 minutes.
2024-05-15 16.49.35.jpg

2024-05-15 16.54.52.jpg

Thought I'd better do the job properly, so I broke out the 'precision machine level'...
The most sensitive and frustrating tool I've ever used...
Every time you touch it, the bubble requires a couple of minutes to settle down.
It took hours, it was dark when I finished. Used 3 knuckle bars with 12mm sockets, one at each rear corner, but as I only had one thin-walled long socket I had to use that on the front jackscrews.
Used my boots to tweak the knuckle bars so I could watch the bubble.

2024-05-15 17.15.10.jpg

Got the Y axis pretty well spot on.

2024-05-15 17.15.49.jpg

The X axis ended up 0.04mm/m low on the left end of the bed, should help the coolant drain out of the drain line...
Not the sort of job I'd like to do for a living...

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Love that precision level… just wish carpenters used something more accurate that the crap levels that get tossed around with zero care.

Why, because I‘ve seen a few walls that are vertically out by around 4cm over 2.7m which just seems rather poor workmanship to me though I don’t know what the industry standards acceptable tolerances are; probably shite :eek:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Love that precision level… just wish carpenters used something more accurate that the crap levels that get tossed around with zero care.

Why, because I‘ve seen a few walls that are vertically out by around 4cm over 2.7m which just seems rather poor workmanship to me though I don’t know what the industry standards acceptable tolerances are; probably shite :eek:
Most of the studs are harvested from the 'Twisted Pine Forest'. :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Most of the studs are harvested from the 'Twisted Pine Forest'. :cool:
Which matches the training chippies get from the twisted school of power tool users ? :p:p:p