Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NZ] Vy LS1: and loom into vx s pac series 2 converted issue.

Marc w

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2 clubsport ve senitor vi Brock rep X2 vp Cala
Hey guys . I've put a 2004 vy ss motor trans and loom into a vx 2002 series 2. Need to know if anyone has wiring info and wat needs done to get trans shifting .cheers

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey guys . I've put a 2004 vy ss motor trans and loom into a vx 2002 series 2. Need to know if anyone has wiring info and wat needs done to get trans shifting .cheers
Use a Vt/Vx loom and have your pcm linked to your bcm. Pretty straight forward conversion apart from the fuel lines.

Marc w

Reaction score
Members Ride
Use a Vt/Vx loom and have your pcm linked to your bcm. Pretty straight forward conversion apart from the fuel lines.
Done that . Really just need to know how the 3 plugs behind brake booster in vx hook up to the vy engine loom . Thax for yr advice. Some one somewhere must have done this loomloom join correctly.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Done that . Really just need to know how the 3 plugs behind brake booster in vx hook up to the vy engine loom . Thax for yr advice. Some one somewhere must have done this loomloom join correctly.
They don’t - you need a VT/VX loom. They’re totally different to one another.

Most economically viable solution is to use the correct loom. Still plenty of decent vt/Vx/wh looms around Which is why I sold my Vx loom and fitted a VY loom when I did the opposite conversion to you lol

Marc w

Reaction score
Members Ride
They don’t - you need a VT/VX loom. They’re totally different to one another.

Most economically viable solution is to use the correct loom. Still plenty of decent vt/Vx/wh looms around Which is why I sold my Vx loom and fitted a VY loom when I did the opposite conversion to you lol
Ok thax for that mate. I got it going but t c light to n and petrol gauuge hay wire and won't upshift gears . But I'll get a vx loom. But my vy ecu and pim ?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Ok thax for that mate. I got it going but t c light to n and petrol gauuge hay wire and won't upshift gears . But I'll get a vx loom. But my vy ecu and pim ?
Did you use the abs module from an ls1 Vx with the correct part number?

In any case, I can’t see why the auto wouldn’t shift. If the tank sender is from a VY2 you’ll need to reprogram the fuel sender - the resistance is inverted after VY1, so will read incorrectly in an earlier model.