Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 304 torque specs

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss bt1 , vt bt1, vs statesman international #1
I can't say sorry as non of my V8's have had cast iron exhaust manifolds but my experience with the V6 engines shows that end exhaust manifold bolts break and cause leaks and the passenger side always ends up cracking.

The fact you can feel air coming somewhere from the exhaust system under the bonnet is a good indicator something has failed.
Allgood, cheers, I'm the same first 5L iv owned with cast manifold,
I have found the issue, it's a simple fix, I should have looked before posting, but the thing is that slammed, I didn't have the time to get the jacks out and couldnt get my head under it, a mate did one bolt up more than the other leavinging a gap between where manifold meets exhaust, I was out getting parts at the time, he jacked the front up, with the rear still on the ground, and the rear rubber for the exhaust has snapped dropping it an inch or so probably didn't help. Cheers for the help fellas. I'd still be standing in front of it looking at the bloody thing ready to smack it with a hammer if it wasn't for all.the help legends

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Another day another problem, I tightened the exhaust bolts slight difference, but didn't fix the issue,

So I moved on to filling to car with coolant, front jacked up, started it 5 minutes later, noticed it was pouring out the bottle that is sitting where the radiator cap goes, then I noticed the overflow bottle was full, so I dropped all coolant, went and bought a new water pump chucked it on the old one was corroded and probably the original by the looks of it, tried again same issue, it seems passenger side hoses on fuel rail don't seem to be pressurising neither are the hoses to and from the gas converter/mixer, the new pump helped a little I could feel wat felt like coolant or air when squeezing them but not like the drivers side, so my guess is the system is pressurising somewhere, it has a new thermostat, and all hoses excep the 2 coming from the firewall, I did chuck a hose in them the other day came out clean, same for the radiator, I have a feeling the bloke chucked some chemweld init before I bought it,
Amy ideas as I'm over throwing money at it and wasting every spare minut I have working on it.
Appreciate the help could the mixer be blocked

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I had a similar issue with my V6 on LPG, had a air lock in the Heater circuit that it would not clear. In the end I pulled the hose off the water pump going to the heater and LPG mixer and shoved the garden hose up it and then quickly shoved the hose back on the waterpump. That did the trick for me.

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a similar issue with my V6 on LPG, had a air lock in the Heater circuit that it would not clear. In the end I pulled the hose off the water pump going to the heater and LPG mixer and shoved the garden hose up it and then quickly shoved the hose back on the waterpump. That did the trick for me.
Thanks, I will give that a go tomorrow, if that doesn't work, do think I should bypass the lpg mixer all together, once running properly I intend on having the gas system removed. Also can I do any damage running it the way it is atm, also should I try pulling the thermostat out and seeing if that changes anything, getting to the point of buying a ls1 conversion kit and chucking my ss running gear in it.