Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr ute

Tylerwatson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx turbo
Need help 93 vr ute installed a stereo probably 2-3 weeks ago was working perfectly one day as I go to start it stereo doesn’t work thought yer okay old stereo so I got a new one today wired it all in to harness and still not working any help is appreciated. Also tried switching accessories and power still didn’t work all fuses are good none are blown

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Need to start at the plug and work your way back until you figure out where the power ends.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yo8 need power on the yellow as well. Time to trace it back.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
With ignition on you should have power at the pink or red wires and the yellow wires at the plug. If you don't have that then there is a break somewhere. You just need to trace it back until you get power on all the wires and figure out where the power stops. BTW forget the blue wire, that's the switch power for an amp, or ariel, or both depending on what you have installed.

If you have power on pink and yellow then look at the fuses in the back of the HU if you haven't already. Also make sure you have a ground.

Tylerwatson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx turbo
With ignition on you should have power at the pink or red wires and the yellow wires at the plug. If you don't have that then there is a break somewhere. You just need to trace it back until you get power on all the wires and figure out where the power stops. BTW forget the blue wire, that's the switch power for an amp, or ariel, or both depending on what you have installed.

If you have power on pink and yellow then look at the fuses in the back of the HU if you haven't already. Also make sure you have a ground.
No I have a wire in my car that’s pink/blue sorry should have worded it better

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Then I don't know. Only HU's I have dealt with have yellow, pink and red power wires. One is a memory power, and the other is mains power.

Best post a pic of the HU and plug so people with more knowledge than me will know what they are dealing with. If you have trouble posting a pic then you will need to shrink it or use a hosting site.