Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reinstalling Fuel Tank tips

PremiumVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
HI All

I am reinstalling my fuel tank (original standard tank) and i am having trouble with the hoses. Are there any tips or tricks to reinstalling the tank. I have had to replace all the breather hoses as they had perished with basically fuel hose and it is difficult getting the hoses through the hole in the chassis and getting the tank in especially the single larger breather hose.

Cheers

Wog087

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hey mate are you talking about how the breathers run through a bit in the body between the tank and the canister? I just plumbed It up and put the tank it didn’t worry about running them through properly

Riz747

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl turbo
HI All

I am reinstalling my fuel tank (original standard tank) and i am having trouble with the hoses. Are there any tips or tricks to reinstalling the tank. I have had to replace all the breather hoses as they had perished with basically fuel hose and it is difficult getting the hoses through the hole in the chassis and getting the tank in especially the single larger breather hose.

Cheers
I installed my tank not long ago.
Don't make the hoses too short because you won't have enough room to connect them to the tank.

I fed the big hose through the chassis rail then using a screwdriver I poked it through the chassis rail and slid the hose over it making it easier to pull the smaller ones through to the other side.(one at a time)

There's also a little panel in the wheel arch that you can take out which makes its easier to adjust the filler neck once you've got the tank lifted to the correct height.